NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i have heard about great performance gain in CAI.

I want to hear some stories about CAI getting hydrolock.

Like a warning for me or whomever that is planning on getting a CAI.

maybe i can prepare myself. like buying the AEM bypass or a new splash guard under my car since i break it when i was doing oil change. those clips are cheap and the plastic just come off.

Wonder if anyone knows any like metal guard.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I have seen one case of it happening. The AEM bypass valve does not work on the celica intake because it needs a certian place to install it for it to work. Splash gueards sure help... But you are not going to hydrolock the car unless you submerge the filter so just don't drive in 3ft deep puddles

·
Registered
880 Posts
You have no worries about hydrolocking unless you drive through a very deep puddle. Just get it and enjoy the sound of it.

Jamey

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
yup you won't have any problems, my plastic wheel piece came off and i drove through a thunderstorm and had absolutely no problems driving home, was cruising at 60mph at 10%throttle(SAFC) don't worry you won't hydrolock unless you decided to go swimming with the car :D

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
cack train,
you don't need to worry man. I have driven through all kinds of bad weather, lots of rain and have not had any troubles. Just go ahead and invest in the splashguard for piece of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.