NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got her in, did the bb mod and i thought i hooked up all the hoses and what not up right, but now the car wont let me rev past 3K and the first time you try to start it, it dies, but on the second try it starts up fine. Ive looked and searched at tons of pictures, but still cant find what i need to see in them. I drove it home for about 5 miles or so and it ran fun, but just wont let me rev past 3K.

The other thing i did was clean my mafs. Cleaned it with some CRC brake cleaner and some q-tips. Maybe i ruined the mafs, idk...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i think you may have the wrong hoses connected but can't be sure unless you take a picture and post it...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll try to get some up by tomorrow, but im not too sure how... wow i feel like a noob, ive never posted pictures before?? Anyone help me with this? host?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^thanks man

Heres the link http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/celica_2/

Pictures from left to right...
first one is a piece that i didnt hook back up, saw some installs with it taken off

second one is a side view

third is another side view

and fourth is a top view.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Definitely an MAFS problem. A damaged MAFS will limit your revs. This is usually seen when someone sucks up too much water and it hits the heated element on the MAFS. Did you use non chlorinated brake cleaner? Make sure the two little spring-like sensors up inside the middle are still intact, and that there is no Q tip fuzz left over. You don't need a Q tip to clean the MAFS, just the brake cleaner.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue Bomber said:
Definitely an MAFS problem. A damaged MAFS will limit your revs. This is usually seen when someone sucks up too much water and it hits the heated element on the MAFS. Did you use non chlorinated brake cleaner? Make sure the two little spring-like sensors up inside the middle are still intact, and that there is no Q tip fuzz left over. You don't need a Q tip to clean the MAFS, just the brake cleaner.
^^ i think this is my problem, i used regular brake fluid, now i feel like a dumbass...but anyways i'll have to check it out and see if theres any q-tip fuzz otherwise ill be gettin a new mafs. How much do mafs cost nowadays?

thanks again blue bomber.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
New MAFS are over 100, but you can probably find a used one for under that on eBay. Try cleaning it with the non chlorinated stuff. Might just be some leftover residue from the other stuff hurting the readings. Also clean the connectors just in case.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
celica_2 said:
i used regular brake fluid, now i feel like a dumbass...
You win... brake fluid???? you'll need to get that fluid residue off the sensor as Blue said.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2way said:
You win... brake fluid???? you'll need to get that fluid residue off the sensor as Blue said.
well i meant brake cleaner, sorry, i dont think im that stupid... :crazy2:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vindiCAtor said:
Hey Bernie I have a used MAF sensor, sell it to you for $40. We can try it first too.
sent you pm...

·
Registered
903 Posts
i used that gumout carb and choke cleaner. It seems to work fine for me, actually better than alcohol and Q-tip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts