NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a CAI and it came with NO instructions .... I managed to put it all together but I have 3 questions....

Question 1.

There is this really small air valve connected on the engine that used to allow for a connecting tube that went to the old stock air cleaner.. the new CAI does not have a valve that I could connect the tube to. In the middle of the tube is a "wierd kind of thingy" that allows air to flow one way but not the other. (its color is light blue). What the hell do I do, allow the engine to suck in the air all the time, or put the "weird thingy" on the engine valve so that it will stop the flow of air and make the engine stop sucking air into the engine. I hope this all makes sense to you.

Question 2.

There is this black plastic tube that seems to come from the bottom of the radiator and travels up to the engine and into a black box (the black box says, DO NOT OPEN) ... with my new CAI I can not make that black plastic tube fit around the CAI and back into the place it should be, the black box... is it ok to leave the black plactic tube dissconected?

Question 3.

There is a wire plug that used to fit into the old air cleaner and does not have anywhere to go on my new CAI system.. Is it ok just to leave it unplugged?

Allthough I have all these questions, everything seems to be working. I just don't want to screw anything up down the road. I would like to be assured that everything is ok, and if not, I need to fix it.

For the love of god, someone please help me.... =)

~david

·
Registered
306 Posts
not sure about question 1 and 3 but 2 put the black tubing back into itz place first. unbolt the mount for the intake and push it around to make room. the tube is connected to the fan and the black box is the ecu i think.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks

as for question 3. The extra plug , it used to go into the old air cleaner, and the air cleaner had the outlet for the plug built right into it, so I dont see any way of using it or how i would go about using it.. sorry i dont have a digi camera or i would show you...

but as far as the ECU goes, thanks a lot.. what does the ECU do anyways...

~david

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone

I found out that there is an extra set of electrical plugs that are usless if you have a CAI.. so thank you guys for your help.. you answered all my questions..

~david

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.