NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay my rotors are fkd, a piece just chipped off, so i bought a new pair( rears) primed them to prevent rust.. and went all happy :wiggle: jacked up the car removed the wheel, removed the first caliper bolt.. and ....

got stuck on the second =/ tried removing it, and got nothing..
any ideas on how to remove this?
i dont think i would be able to heat this because i would have to heat the whole caliper ??:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was doing pads on my wife's PT Crapper and had a stuck bolt. It was top bolt, so I ended up being able to pivot the caliper out of the way, but I'll be screwed when it comes back around for rotors.

The guy at Salvo suggested a dremel type tool to cut the bolt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
box end wrench & a mechanics hammer. Light taps on the hammer usually help break it loose easy enough.

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got it removed.. used the vice grip pliers.. and a mallet hammer.. a lot of arm strength and had to hit the caliper itself with the hammer a couple times.. but finally got it out, replaced everything 1..2..3 after that.. def. needed to get a new bolt though..

thnx guys.. and happy fathers day

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also 4got to mention.. i had to removed the shocks, well just loosen it from the bottom because it gets in the way..

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
box end wrench & a mechanics hammer. Light taps on the hammer usually help break it loose easy enough.
I did that a few weeks ago, no bueno. Finally wound up soaking the bolts in WD40, getting a long wrench, and laying under the car and bracing a foot in the wheel well to get enough leverage. Not enjoyable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts