NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crower is having them made supposedly for 100% sure, pricing is yet to be determined but they are making them and he said he will have th first batch of them however many that is in 3 months!! I dunno if this is going to happen or not but it sounds like it is lets hope for us 1zz guys!!!! Hell with some bolt ons, port and polish job, CAI, Kazuma exhaust, Hotshot header, the 1zz cams, and some underdrive pulleys we might make it to 2zz wheel power output naturally aspirated, hell yeah that would be nice!!!

Justin

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You 1zz guys should keep calling periodically (maybe once a month), so Brian doesn't forget about the demand for 1zz cams. Where are the 2zz guys at? If Crower doesn't hear any demand for 2zz cams, then they probably won't ever make them. Although I do call Crower periodically, I think more 2zz peeps need to get on this also.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Would be nice.
Get me the number and I will do my part. :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
Crower is having them made supposedly for 100% sure, pricing is yet to be determined but they are making them and he said he will have th first batch of them however many that is in 3 months!! I dunno if this is going to happen or not but it sounds like it is lets hope for us 1zz guys!!!! Hell with some bolt ons, port and polish job, CAI, Kazuma exhaust, Hotshot header, the 1zz cams, and some underdrive pulleys we might make it to 2zz wheel power output naturally aspirated, hell yeah that would be nice!!!

Justin
With that you can probably exceed the 2ZZ output, depending on how aggressive the CAMs are. But you will probably lose some low end power.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Very true,
Unless they take advantage of the vvti into there grind.
Either way, I would be happy if they allowed me 15whp over what I have at the moment. That would place me pretty damn close to the 2zz. Except I wouldnt have to wait for lift!!! LMAO.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Here is all Crower's contact information taken from a post from Keyshawn himself:
Crower Cams & Equipment Co.,Inc.
3333 Main Street
Chula Vista, CA
Phone: 619-422-1191 ask for Brian Crower
Website www.crower.com

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
Very true,
Unless they take advantage of the vvti into there grind.
Either way, I would be happy if they allowed me 15whp over what I have at the moment. That would place me pretty damn close to the 2zz. Except I wouldnt have to wait for lift!!! LMAO.
You're silly if you think you will get your peak HP before 5000rpm, you still have to wait.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
just got off the phone with them, they said they are 7 months into the 2ZZ project and will have an entire valve train package (cams, valve springs, retianers, and valves) for the 2zz engine. They said (ya you know it's coming) 3 to 4 months to release, I will be shocked if they actually release them in 3 to 4 months, hell I'll be shocked if they release them in the next 6 months. But I'm die hard hopefull.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Mmmm, 1zz cams... cant wait..... maybe I'll give them a call and voice my support...
I'm sure they dont have a price yet, but what do cams usually go for?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
No, I dont expect to get full HP at 5000, but I do know that peak hp for the gt would be found aroun 7k as for the GT-S is 8k.
Basicly I beleave the 1zz will pull much stronger in the lower RPM's with the new cams when compared to a stock GT-s. Giving it a much needed edge.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
No, I dont expect to get full HP at 5000, but I do know that peak hp for the gt would be found aroun 7k as for the GT-S is 8k.
Jee wizz... I would hope we'd get peak power before 7K, concidering the GT redlines @ 6800...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
Basicly I beleave the 1zz will pull much stronger in the lower RPM's with the new cams when compared to a stock GT-s. Giving it a much needed edge.
Dude you can't have it both ways. Aggressive HP cams are all high end and you will probably lose some HP in the low end.

That's one of the reason why the GT-S have 2 cam profiles, one for low end and one for high.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts