NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the fitment? I'm thinking of making a custom exhaust adn want to know what the fitment of the Apexi N1 Turbo muffler fitment is with the Kaminari bodykit.

I have the dual exhaust setup right now, so i'm thinking of getting a custom one made.

I heard the Apexi muffler is huge, so... let me know if it fits with the kaminari kit. Pictures would as well :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
The problem with the N1 might be our rear suspension. As far as I can see on the pictures the N1 is pretty long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
i burnt the hell outta my rear... might wanna get a shop to slighlt bend the piping down to give it less of an angle...
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Asha'man
The problem with the N1 might be our rear suspension. As far as I can see on the pictures the N1 is pretty long.
:werd:

You'll have to route the piping through your suspension to fit the canisters, and if your car is lowered, you might have to deal with a banging noise over bumps as the suspension hits the exhaust piping. Both of my friends that had custom N1 setups had that noise (TRD and Tein S-Tech springs), and they went to different shops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
i never had noise with my n1, from banging around the suspension and my car is pretty much slammed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Kuz
i never had noise with my n1, from banging around the suspension and my car is pretty much slammed...
Do you have any pics? Would you mind taking some if you don't?

I'd like to see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your reactions.

I'm forced to go with a custom exhaust anyways. Since, i need a full 3" catless exhaust system.

I was either thinking of getting one custom made or go with this:



For more info:

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Dyno shows 23.4whp gain on a VW 1.8T. Should be more on a Celica :gap:


Bing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Originally posted by Bing
Thanks for your reactions.

I'm forced to go with a custom exhaust anyways. Since, i need a full 3" catless exhaust system.

I was either thinking of getting one custom made or go with this:



For more info:

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Dyno shows 23.4whp gain on a VW 1.8T. Should be more on a Celica :gap:


Bing
Interesting! but do you think you can put it right after the downpipe? they cat s in the way I think.
and putting it after the cat might not give maximum gains...

Maybe fit it in/on the downpipe and extend the outcoming piping a bit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking of taking the cat off and make flanges for it to bolt the cat on when having the smog test.

So, would require a new 3 inch piping with flanges that's easy to bolt on and 3 holes for 2 o2 sensors and a wideband o2 sensor.
This will have to be after the 2nd o2 sensor though, or it would read wrong data.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
www.o2simulator.com :)

I like your idea man..
The replaceable pipe with either cat or this thing should work
my car makes a loud droning now and with my silencer in it's a lot less, but I might be losing power (not tested yet)

This way you can just unleash the power and the sound when needed
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top