NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just curious what would be the best for gains right now a Camcom or Greddy E-manage. I have also seen there is a E-manage Untimate, and would that be best. I have a 2001 GT 5-speed. So far done to it is custom exhaust and ported and polished stock header. I am using the stock airbox as I had a cai but hydrolocked so never going back to that. I know how each device works pretty much but curious if the E-manage untimate is better then then normal one for our cars. But yeah help me choose which to get lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
For tuning a turbo or SC setup, the emanage is a must since it can much much much more effectively tune the A/F ratio and ignition timing.

However... since you don't have any huge mods... your A/F is probably fine or close enough that the camcon could deal with it. The camcon can tune VVTi, which the emanage cannot... so you could likely get much better gains w/ the camcon.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Power FC is the only thing that you are likely to get any kind of decent sustainable power out of.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just went over a huge puddle, the filter wasn't even submerged lol. Oh well I got a new ecu and engine for 1800 cnd lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know much about timing etc.... How would i get the pfc configured to run my car properly? Also how much is the pfc? Should I get the remote attatchment?

·
Registered
903 Posts
^^^pfc is a full stand alone engine management system. It is technically illegal everywhere, but it only matters if they actually test emissions. It is not OBD2.

It is much much more powerfull than either the emanage ultimate or the camcon and thus there are more gains to be had since it completely replaces the stock ECU. Of course, because of this it is also much more time consuming to tune.

Unless you feel up to the task of fully tuning it on the street, it would take many hours of dyno tuning time to get optimized.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
someone ran both camcon and emanage so they could pass emissions and tune vvti as well.

although if emmissions are not of any concern then the PFC or HYDRA is the way to go.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have no emmisions thing in winnipeg, what you guys have to get your cars tested every certain time? Thats gay. hydra thats a new one i never heard of, will look into it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
They dont smog cars in canada?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts