NewCelica.org Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Camcon Setup help

Hi Guys,
I'm Celica Team Italy members

I ask you an Help to setting my Camcon CC101.

I have a Celica GT with CAI, Soft Exhaust, DcSport Header and Fidanza Flywheel.

I don't found anywhere the base setting for Camcon.

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply :) Your forum is Awesome!!!

I found the Powerenterprise website these settings are for stock car... but anybody have specific setting for optimize CAI, DCSport Header and exhaust?

The Cam commander I think that are good.... but for A/F ?

Sorry for my english... see you

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
kawaninja72 said:
Thanks for the reply :) Your forum is Awesome!!!

I found the Powerenterprise website these settings are for stock car... but anybody have specific setting for optimize CAI, DCSport Header and exhaust?

The Cam commander I think that are good.... but for A/F ?

Sorry for my english... see you
if you would just scroll up I have posted all this info for you at the top of the page. This is the closest to what you are looking for.

vegeta4ss said:
Ebay CAI, Ported Header, Remus Exhaust w/ no resonator

camcon (2k-9k)

A/F (2k-9k)

·
Registered
98 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
Power Enterprises Base settings

Camcon (2k - 8.5k)

A/F (0k - 8.5k)

hey fellas, this is the current setup that i am starting with. I have an injen cai and an unbloted exhaust on the 1zz-fe (gt motor). when i have my car running and i turn on the camcom the rpms drop and the motor is striving to stay on. now i know that i need to change the a/f ratio so i was thinking that my setings would have to look more like:
vegeta4ss said:
Ebay CAI, Ported Header, Remus Exhaust w/ no resonator

camcon (2k-9k)

A/F (2k-9k)

but that is for the 2zz. now i know that they are not going to be exactly the same numbers but i was wondering if this was a good model to use for the aftermarket parts that i have considering that i have the 1zz-fe not the 2zz-fe. thanks fellas!

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
of course you shouldn't expect them to be the same but you can start from those and play around to find what suits your car. I reccomend getting a wideband o2 sensor so you can get a real a/f reading.

·
Registered
477 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
jesse,

the pinout here
http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=camconpinoutscelica00026th.jpg
and your pinout are different. I want to be sure to use the right wires. Should I still follow yours?

the only real diff is that it points the AFC signal to e4-11, which on your spreadsheet is +5 v MAFS
Is this the correct pinout map for both GT and GT-S? I have a GT.
b1m3x8 said:
If you want to make the install easier go here. http://www.boomslang.us/camcon.htm They have a harness to make the camcon plug and play.
I puchased one of Boomslang's PnP units. It's very well made but requires that you leave the cover off the stock ECU enclosure or make a custom enclosure if you want to keep your ECU and connections protected from dust and moisture. I'm sending it back because I want a clean looking install. I'll manually wire it using the pigtail that came with the Camcon.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
RWE HMYT said:
Is this the correct pinout map for both GT and GT-S? I have a GT.

I puchased one of Boomslang's PnP units. It's very well made but requires that you leave the cover off the stock ECU enclosure or make a custom enclosure if you want to keep your ECU and connections protected from dust and moisture. I'm sending it back because I want a clean looking install. I'll manually wire it using the pigtail that came with the Camcon.
gt and gt-s are going to be different. The install instructions that come with the unit were for the 00-02 years gt-s and not the 03-05. Not sure what wiring changes were done in that gap for the GT but I would bet there are a few minor changes.

If you have a boomslang unit then use it and mod your current ecu box lid. Try to buy an extra from the classifieds and mold it into what you need. I did the hardwire method and when I removed it I had wished I bought the boomslang.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
when did you purchase yours Wilke? They may now finally have corrected that issue. I bought mine straight from Power Enterprise during the first month they hit the market (over 1.5 years ago now) and it only had 00-02 wiring schematic on it.

I have since sold my camcon for a PFC.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I compared the pinout map at http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lica00026th.jpg to the Boomslang unit and the map matches. According to Boomslang all '00-'02 GT and GT-S use the same PnP harness.

I'm going to hardwire mine and leave it in if I ever sell the car. I want it to look clean and stock in the engine compartment. I've already strung the pigtail through the firewall and mounted the Camcon. I just need to get it hooked up to the ECU.

I've talked to Boomslang about it and they said they'd take the PnP unit back without any problems.

Thanks for the replies.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
well Swing Fixer picked his up around the time I bought mine. That's weird. I guess it was the 03' wiring in there and not the 00-02' stuff. I'm glad you caught that cause i'm obviously a little confused, lol.

Are you liking it thus far Wilke?

·
Registered
210 Posts
very happy with it thus far. haven't had it on the dyno yet, but soon. Even with the base camcon settings you can feel it pull harder and longer when in lift. I'll probably be taking it to the track this weekend, we'll see what kind of ET and trap improvements it makes.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just got back from a dyno session and PM'd dynos to larryd for posting.
Previous run on my stock GT with just AEM cai was 129.0/111.5.
With new exhaust: 136.4/111.8.
With dyno-tuned Camcon: 141.5/119.0

Not bad for stock block NA GT with over 122k miles on it.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
what precedure did you take when tuning
how did you tune steps?

41 - 60 of 85 Posts