NewCelica.org Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
RWE HMYT said:
Just got back from a dyno session and PM'd dynos to larryd for posting.
Previous run on my stock GT with just AEM cai was 129.0/111.5.
With new exhaust: 136.4/111.8.
With dyno-tuned Camcon: 141.5/119.0

Not bad for stock block NA GT with over 122k miles on it.
We'd love to see your Camcon map posted up! Good job!

·
Registered
477 Posts
kortik said:
what precedure did you take when tuning
how did you tune steps?
I watched every step. They started with my base run, did a run with the Camcon base settings posted earlier in this thread, and compared the runs. Each successive run they tweaked settings and compared the new run with the previous runs to see which way the numbers went at each rpm step. They then did a final simulation run to see what my final AF numbers would be like in normal driving speeds from 50 to 80mph to make sure it didn't go too lean compared to the full throttle runs. It made it go fairly quickly. The guys at Sublime are probably the best tuners in the Omaha area.
2KGTS said:
We'd love to see your Camcon map posted up! Good job!
No problem. Keep in mind that my exhaust had a severe effect on the numbers. It is much freer flowing than stock.

Cam- only goes to 7500. Rev limiter is at 7k. I haven't checked to see what they left the last 2 values set at but it doesn't matter. They'll never be used.

AF- same as above. I'll have to check what they have for values for 0, 500, and 1000rpm. He wrote down values for me from 1500 to 7500.

Cam:
2000: +3
2500: +3
3000: +3
3500: +3
4000: +3
4500: +3
5000: -1
5500: -1
6000: -1
6500: +9
7000: +11
7500: +11

AF:
0:
500:
1000:
1500: +6
2000: +6
2500: +6
3000: +6
3500: +6
4000: +6
4500: +6
5000: +6
5500: +6
6000: +6
6500: +3
7000: +2
7500: +3

Dyno time is a must! "Street tuning" is solely by "feel" and "feel" is altered by sound and vibration. Minor changes changed the top end and a dyno is the only way to maximize the mid-range. My dyno graphs tell the tale. I spent over $400 on dyno time today for these but my gain throughout the full range will make it worth it in fuel savings and fun over the next few years.

The first baseline is stock with AEM cai only as posted in the dyno database.

122,268 miles.
Mod list:
AEM Cai, ported DC Sports header, Magnaflow cat, 2.5 inch pipe, GReddy SP2

The beautiful thing about this is that the exhaust is quiet yet gave a good gain.

122,268 miles.
Mod list:
AEM Cai, ported DC Sports header, Magnaflow cat, 2.5 inch pipe, GReddy SP2, dyno-tuned Camcon CC-101

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guy

I have set Camcon how you and i feel good...

I have a doubt: negative value in A/F mean more lean or more rich than stock?

thank a lot
Kawaninja72 CTI

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guy

I have a doubt: negative value in A/F mean leaner or richer :gap: than stock?

thank a lot
Kawaninja72 CTI

·
Registered
477 Posts
kawaninja72 said:
Hi guy

I have a doubt: negative value in A/F mean leaner or richer :gap: than stock?

thank a lot
Kawaninja72 CTI
The shop tuned it. Negative takes it leaner. The stock ECU tends to run pretty lean across the board except when it goes to closed loop at 6000rpm. At that point it runs closer to where it should.

The A/F value should never go negative on your Camcon as you can see on my settings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok so here is my problem. I went ot tune my camcon today. I have the 1zz and i am unbolted with an injen intake. I used RWE HMYT settings as a rough idea of what i should use as settings since he has a 1zz with aem cai headers and a 2.5in exhaust. So i dial all the numbers in, start my car and it kind of starts up a bit rough but i expected that because every motor requires a different tune. Then i notice that the CEL is on but i disregard that. So i decided to let my motor warm up a bit and after like 4min it shuts off. I start it again and it shuts off. again. So i figure that the settings from 0 to 1000 have to be changed. no big deal, so i take it out on the street give it some gas, i get up to 3000rpm and the motor sounds like it is bouncing off of the rev limiter????????? So i take it back in to the drive way and i try changing the settings at 3000. I would change the setting and then try to rev it and see if i get past 3000 and nothing worked. So i figured my wires are messed up. These is what i used to reference my wirring. It is on a 2zz so im thinking that since i have a 1zz that the wirring might be a little different but who knows. Im sorry if this sounds like a noob post but i really need help. Do you hook up the camcon the same way on both the gt and the gt-s and if they are different how do the hook ups differ? Why does my car not rev past 3000 rpm? why does my car shut off when its idling? Im going to order a wideband so i can tell if my car is running to rich or to lean but in the meantime any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!

this is the exact way i hooked mine up:
vegeta4ss said:
Here are some pics from my install: 2001 gt-s (2zz)

Here are the unused three wires:

Red (power):

light blue and green (tach + and - )

ground:

Cam Control (Purple and Pink)

Air Fuel Control (Orange and Brown)

Here are some settings I've collected from this site all put together for easy reference:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Do a search - there's a thread here somewhere that talks about the differences in wiring, including based on model year...

·
Registered
24 Posts
guys, great thanks for the information in this topic!
it was very helped, when installing a camcon.
First I connected orange and brown wires to E4 pin 1, but it became clear that the system does not work. I had it reworked and connect to E4 pin 11
GTS'00.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i want to let you know some of my experiences:
I bought a camcon and with that i bought a gauge for the narrowband a/f. And i bought a GTech to measure hp and stuff... after that i've read all threads about camcon here on this board and on other boards for all infos (tuning and so)

So what i have done.. i've installed the camcon and the gauge (used the wire from sensor before the cat)
playing only with the VVT: the GTech showed no attestable changes :(
After this i've tried only a/f (vvt-adjusts zero) and tuned it with the narrowband-gauge. I got nearly the same results as preludekit. :wiggle: as some of you know: preludekit has a jdm-spec celica and dynotuned the camcon. i am from germany and am owner of an euro-spec one (almost the same ecus i think).
So .. not bad - almost the same values..

again i've tried the vvt-settings: no significant changes in hp (GTech)... it reads from 133whp up to 138whp (without cam-changes) and still reads that values with cam-changes from -5 up to +10 the whole rpm-range. and this f*cking gtech did NOT show the same results (on the same part of the street, only minutes between the runs and same temp of the car)
lexus-owner had this results too (with the camcon), no changes with cam-settings.
could someone describe, whats wrong with camcon-cam-changes? what differences should i read by only changing the cam-settings?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I see that all these settings are either for a gt or 01 gts, but is it different for a 02 gts? I have an 02 automatic gts and just finish installing the camcon. My lift doesn't engage until 6200rpm and I have a rev limiter at 7800rpm so that's a little different than 01 models. what needs to be changed?

·
Registered
430 Posts
i remember reading an article when i had the camcon, apparently the ecu will not ignore the settings made by the camcon. thats why i chose the camcon over the other unit.. i forgot which one it was claled.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i figured out at last
- Stock ecu can't re-learn VVTi coz there is no target position like AFR stoich.
- Stock ecu will re-learn AFR setting via LTFT in closed loop mode (on partial open throttle) and its good. On WOT all camcon AFR setting will be actual with no correction, coz open loop engages at WOT.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts