NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my lift bolts is broken and i don't really trust myself extracting it, anyone here has experience would give me a hand..??

preferably MA or CT... closer for me to drive..

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Do you still have lift? If so, dont worry about it. I drove well over 20k+ miles on a busted exhaust bolt and never had problem. And I was not nice to it either. EVERY gear was redlined. Chris (easyC) and Krysy can verify that. That motor might still be running if I didn't miss shift it. :(

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
speedeeGTS said:
Do you still have lift? If so, dont worry about it. I drove well over 20k+ miles on a busted exhaust bolt and never had problem. And I was not nice to it either. EVERY gear was redlined. Chris (easyC) and Krysy can verify that. That motor might still be running if I didn't miss shift it. :(
i have lift. when i first attempted to change my lift bolt one lift bolt was fine & i replaced it. the other one was broken, & i tried to extract it, no luck, so i just put the bolt back it. after couple of weeks i tried to see if i hit lift.. lift kicked it...

sincere2883 said:
i took mine to the dealer and they did it for free.
i have over 60k miles & i don't think warranty will cover it..

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
I've removed a broken lift bolt, it is NOT fun. Try a skinny magnet lol. If that don't work then I'd have a professional do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts