NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a screen and sign shop making vinyls, so I kinda wanna make one for my car. Heres some photochops I've made up for a possible design, what do you guys think?

Red outline only

Black outline only

Red with a black outline

And I realize I'm putting red on a red car, my aim is a ghost effect, by picking a color of red vinyl thats just different enough to be noticeable, but not something that will stand way out. And also so you know, I have polished rims in the mail, if that would change you decision.

And for more ideas, if you have some done to your car, post them up :D

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
oh dear god no

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Vinyl/Graphics = rice.

And those in particular aren't going to make your car get the attention you would want. Your exterior is pretty stock looking, so instead of putting vinyls on there to make it stand out you might want to try getting a basic wheel & tire setup (after getting a drop) and/or adding a clean bodykit that follows the Celica's lines. There's a bunch more things you can do other than adding graphics to make your car stand out, and in a positive way.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speed4TheNeed said:
Vinyl/Graphics = rice.

And those in particular aren't going to make your car get the attention you would want. Your exterior is pretty stock looking, so instead of putting vinyls on there to make it stand out you might want to try getting a basic wheel & tire setup (after getting a drop) and/or adding a clean bodykit that follows the Celica's lines. There's a bunch more things you can do other than adding graphics to make your car stand out, and in a positive way.

Wheels, tires, and trd springs are on the way, but with the replies here I'll probably leave the vinyling off, except for maybe a single small TRD logo I've been wanting to put on.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
^^ Nice, what kind of wheels?

And personally I'd leave even a small TRD logo off, but at least that's a lot better than plastering your car with a large graphic.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
only put a vynil on a car if u have to for such things as a sponsorship...

heres my car:

i have a vynil, but i keep it simple and sleek so u dont even notice it unless up to the car, its on my side passenger windows, it says www.speednstylez.com
only reason its there is cause of sponsorship. Otherwise it wouldnt be there.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
jayspeedy24 said:
opinions will change a bit once they see your ride with all your parts installed...a stock car with graphics suck.
They are right, get wheels and tires then body kit if not that at least a c/f hood. But I see nothing wrong with graphics, if thats what you want go ahead and get it but do it tastfully

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
want to spend mpney paint your stock side skirts to match your car, that would be a good start if you dont want to get a B-Kit right away :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
JSPITZ said:
want to spend mpney paint your stock side skirts to match your car, that would be a good start if you dont want to get a B-Kit right away :thumbup:
:werd:

That's a cheap and easy way to really improve the exterior appearance of your ride. Especially with a red car, which makes the unpainted side skirts stand out much more than a neutral colored car.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you have to advertise TRD you should use a emblem.
graphics are for the aggressive cars. Your car looks pretty clean.
BTW nice design though, needs to be two tone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts