NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2002 RSX Type S with only 25k miles for $16,000. I'm thinking of selling my GT and getting that RSX.

The guy says that it is practically brand new, and he just wants to get rid of it because he needs a family car.

The blue book on the thing is $20k, so starting at $16k is a pretty good deal if there is nothing wrong with it.

VIN : JH4DC53002C018550

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
a carfax is pretty much worthless. Trust me, I work at a dealership, and I've had alot of experience with them. I think you'd be better off letting your mechanic look at it. If the car is in good condition the seller shouldn't have a problem with that.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Littleguy said:
a carfax is pretty much worthless. Trust me, I work at a dealership, and I've had alot of experience with them. I think you'd be better off letting your mechanic look at it. If the car is in good condition the seller shouldn't have a problem with that.
:werd:
I had a friend who did a carfax on my Vin # because it was free and it was all bullshiet. 4 records that show bullshiet stuff. i don't remember what they were but one of the records was for buying the car at 15 miles, which is exactly when i bought my car. Don't trust carfax.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ya there is no point to do a carfax, my car has been hit so many times and my body shop even told me that this won't go on carfax so don't worry about it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I work at Carmax and we have a "never sell" car that had a clean Carfax when we got it. Thing is salvage at best.

Best idea is just take it to a good body shop and pay $50 to get it inspected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts