NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i know that i should do a search or put this on the newbie section but id rather start a new thread and i just thought u guys would know better. I just wanted to know how to race (i havent raced yet) like when to shift and launching and all those other things. I have an '02 gt manual and also i wanted to know what cars i could beat. So far i have no performance mods, im a lil broke. I would like to know how much an '02 ecu would help out my times. Thanks -ryan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
use the clutch.... as for me i dont know how to drive stick =-(

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
i find to get my best time of 15.6 i l heated teh tires up real good, then launched at 3100 rpms....mash the gas..and shift at 7100 rpms alll the time,....main thing is, u have to learn to time when the rev limiter kicks in, and that could take a while..i shift maybe even nano seconds before it hits, cuz if u hit the limiter, u will drop about 3000 rpms and lose speed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
An '02 ECU? There are no ECU swaps for GTs. And an '02 ECU for the GT-S is something one would want to stay away from.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Masayver said:
An '02 ECU? There are no ECU swaps for GTs. And an '02 ECU for the GT-S is something one would want to stay away from.
but i like my ecu =( itll do until i find one worht wasting money on

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
what the hell is going on Cliff Notes?

·
Registered
594 Posts
launch between 3k-4k rpms, don't drop the clutch (ie, let it out until is starts to hook, then drop the clutch), shift at redline, DON'T PUT IT IN THE WRONG GEAR. nobody here would know anything about that, tho.. :chuckles:

·
Registered
493 Posts
if you learn how to drive the car the right way, then you can learn what cars you can beat by comparing weight to horsepower ratio. Since your celica pretty light you could probably beat most cars out there with less that 150hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.