NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does my celica have a problem

I was driving with two friends in the car and i turn on to this steep hill so as i shift from 1st to 2nd and the car starts to struggle so I shift into 1st and still the car would struggle and it died. So I start it up again take off and it feels like the clutch was slipping because i had to give it a lot of gas before it finally grabbed. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Were you riding the clutch?
My celica has no problems going up steep hills..(I even take it offroading once and a while, you should see the steep hills I encounter)
How many miles on your celica?
Aftermarket clutch? Stock clutch?
Does the rpms go up but the car barely moves when you try to accelerate?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Does my celica have a problem

absolute_red_gt said:
I was driving with two friends in the car and i turn on to this steep hill so as i shift from 1st to 2nd and the car starts to struggle so I shift into 1st and still the car would struggle and it died. So I start it up again take off and it feels like the clutch was slipping because i had to give it a lot of gas before it finally grabbed. Has anyone had this problem?
How fat are your friends??? J/p, well I could see it happening if you were going like 3 or 4MPH up a really steep incline with 3 people in the car I think if your car had a bit of momentum when starting it wouldn't be a problem. There are a few streets in Ventura CA that seemed to be at least 45 degree inclines and I make it up with no problems at all, I just make sure I'm going at least 10MPH when starting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inline4 said:
Were you riding the clutch?
My celica has no problems going up steep hills..(I even take it offroading once and a while, you should see the steep hills I encounter)
How many miles on your celica?
Aftermarket clutch? Stock clutch?
Does the rpms go up but the car barely moves when you try to accelerate?
nah I started out normally but after it felt like the clutch was slipping. I only have 5900 miles on my car still on stock clutch, and my two buddies were a bit heavy :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts