NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1qt of castrol syntec left that i forgot about and 4 qts of mobile 1, both synthetic both 5-30. I know they are produced with different methods, but does the fact that they say the can be used with conventional oils also mean they can be mixed with different synthetics?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
dmaxd03 said:
I have 1qt of castrol syntec left that i forgot about and 4 qts of mobile 1, both synthetic both 5-30. I know they are produced with different methods, but does the fact that they say the can be used with conventional oils also mean they can be mixed with different synthetics?
yeah - its not going to be a problem You can even mix synthetics with conventionals its not a big deal as long as the weight of the oil is the same.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm interesting, i am still up in the air as I have to change it tomorrow before a long drive and i just need alittle more than the 4 qts to fill it all the way up. Ill prolly just buy the extra qt tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Without going into detail I was just saying I wouldn't. Sure you could, but mixing one chemical with another without knowing it's effect is not a good idea.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I pussed out and bought another qt of mobile 1. Now I just have an extra qt of castrol syntec lying around, oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts