NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a lot of the posts here and I noticed that most performance mods apply to manual transmission models. I feel so restricted with my GT. I wish I asked my friend to teach me stick before I bought this car. I love it though, she looks really fast. All my friends want to drive my car. Still, I wanna make sure that I burn all the "souped up" civics here in the West Covina area. Why? Because...!
Anyways, I'm wondering if there's a way for me to change my automatic to manual. If it's possible, how much would it cost? Any pro/con?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
its possible to turn you car to manual but it can cost around 3k just use the search button located on the top right and you will find several threads about it....:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
BoonyBoun said:
I converted my auto gt to a 5-speed. Costed about 3 grand. Took about an hour of signing papers. ;)
I hope that came wit LSD!

·
Registered
687 Posts
waste... dont waste ur time and money doing a conversion, either sell your car and get another celica or just get a faster car altogether in manual transmission. dont waste ur time trying to make a slow car fast

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
h0l0grafik said:
waste... dont waste ur time and money doing a conversion, either sell your car and get another celica or just get a faster car altogether in manual transmission. dont waste ur time trying to make a slow car fast
Uh...why do u have an Injen CAI and TRM?

·
Registered
480 Posts
if you're gonna burn a gank of cash for a conversion, why not get a 6spd european transmission? you'll have a bit of uniqueness, but at a price.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yes it CAN be done, but honestly you are a lot better off just trading in on a manual tranny car. I have heard a lot of horror stories from the guys that have tried teh conversions, and I even had to go out to one guys house to finish the job the shop he took it to couldn't finish after like 72 days and 2500 bucks. Plus if you do it you can kiss any and all warranty on the vehicle goodbye.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I had an auto GT too (memories):wtf: Then one day i said WTF did i do .. later traded in for what i have today!
Best trade i EVER did. do not regret one cent ... i think i lost 2 grand ... not bad.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
holografik said to not waste your time making a slow car fast when in reality he bought a CAI and exhaust for his auto gt.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
heh I have an exhaust on my gt auto. Havent decided to invest in a good ol' intake yet. That is if I actually cared about performance which I simply don't. :D

Think about it..how fast can you possibly go down commercial roads? Not worth it IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts