1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts
I read that too this morning.....since when has the "center" of GS competition been the midwest? Russell and Ron, from the hayseed capital of the world...:fawk:

jk, as I put up on HondaTech, it's all peace and :gay: here...

If we don't see anything like the funky South course from last year, I am personally quite capable of doing him in on a Solo II course. Last year, after day 1 on the normal course, it was the Priebester, Carpenter, then your's truly. So really following that logic IT should be my turn this year.......

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
autxr said:
Of course, if GH and Priebe stay home, then who out there *can* knock off Blume?
Rob can.
Rick can.
I can.
Aaron can.
Tim can.
And, hopefully, GH runs GS all year this year.

Russell's Pro and Tour performance combined from last year may make him the favorite without Priebe and Carpenter, but there's no way it'll be easy.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
treinhar said:
PS. I may try to come as far East as Toledo for the Tour. Any of you East Coasters going to be there.
Aaron and I will be...unless Rome gets replaced with a site/date that's more attractive than Toledo.

Bryan

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'll be at holy Toledo for sure.

The Russ Blume and Ron Williams show on SCCAforums is a hoot. It's like they just discovered Playboy or Penthouse or something.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ok, the crazy thing is, I actually know who Russell is. I've known him through his car (seeing it run in autoxes), and finally met him in person the other day. He's a pretty darn good driver and I would love to come to Nationals to see what happens. If anything, to see how Autxr and No Cones compare. It'll be the one time that I can gauge how someone from here is to people from somewhere else. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ishido said:
Ok, the crazy thing is, I actually know who Russell is.
Most of us know him and have competed with him too. He's an excellent driver in an excellent car.

But he thinks there won't be a fight? :fawk:

Bryan

·
Registered
791 Posts
Too bad there are no ride alongs at Nationals... I'd love to see how you guys drive a course :*( sniff

At least Evolution is right around the corner for me :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
ishido said:
If anything, to see how Autxr and No Cones compare. It'll be the one time that I can gauge how someone from here is to people from somewhere else. :)
I think you meant B1mmer, not Autxr. Autxr has yet to make his Tour debut, although he still believes he can take me. :gay:

As for Russell and Ron, they're just jealous that they won't hang with the Celicas this year. :bling: I like how he still believes that the only reason Priebe was fast was due to smaller Kumhos and Priebe behind the wheel. :chuckles: Soon we'll be hearing that Rob, Rick, Bryan, Aaron, and GH all have illegal Celicas too. :burnout: I can't wait to see him at the next Pro/Tour. - AB

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Add mine to the illegal list too. Didn't help much yesterday Paul spanked me with his rear only DA's and those short Kumho's. Of course it was 41 degrees and I was running the Hooters I took of before Nationals (50+ runs)

Index results

My front tire's got up to a whopping 86 degrees, rears 72, with around 50 cars between each run even that went away.

P1 Hoosiers (P6 co-driver)
P2 Hoosiers (Z06's can generate heat by idling)
P3 Hoosiers (P56 and P37 co-drivers, P56 hit a ton of cones)
P4 New Kumho 225/45's (rear DA's)
P5 Bridgestone S03's
P6 see P1
P7 Falkens
P8 Big fat Hoosiers
P9 Me

·
Registered
791 Posts
"I think you meant B1mmer, not Autxr." Hell I really meant any and all of you guys :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Russell did get beat by the only Celica with D/A's all around last year...

How many more of us are going to be there this year with that setup?

Capenter has been driving his original Honda locally quite a bit. Don't be surprised if he shows up in GS...

GH ran the Boxster at the Divisional last weekend...

I'm starting to think that those pesky Mini's could become a problem.... Don't be surprised if Chiles shows up with one...

Rick

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I talked to Chiles a couple weeks ago at our event in Laurinburg. He stated that there is a very good possibility that they'll be running the Jacob's Cooper S before too long. Especially since they've encountered another issue with their non-S Mini, and were forced to run the 10AE at our event.

Let's see, Chiles, in the Cooper S, with their DA's from the non-S = competitive. - AB

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mark told me that he ordered a new base Mini that he plans on running in HS.
Still say the S is an overdog in GS. Right Rick?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Jeff Jacobs was playing with his S at the NNJR SCCA test and tune a couple of weeks back. He didn't offer me a drive.:(

I've heard a rumor that Mr. Chiles will be hedging his bets, by having a sport suspended Cooper on order; 1) since it apparently does help in sweepers; and 2) because his original one is such a P.O.S. And having the S as an option I know is intriguing for them, from talking to them in Florida.

As for you the Conekiller, what happened this past weekend? A Mini squeaker...Mr. Laughlin bring some Depends that he didn't have with him at Ft. Myers?

As usual, I'm too old and cranky to be skeered. I've beaten Russ, I've beaten Carpenter, it just has to be the right time and place.

·
Registered
50 Posts
another player

Hello everyone,

I have to admit the posts on the sccaforums and here made me laugh.

I am really posting to mention, looking out for Eckert too.

If he runs the Celica seriously he will be a contender. In the MR2 we ran close. For the historians out there.

In Mikes defense
He only drove front wheel drive one event before Nats.

His raw time the first day of Nats would have moved him up considerably. His cone slowed him down if you want to say it sped him up.

Also we made the wrong adjustment on the car for the south course. Woulda Coulda Shoulda...

I have to admit listening to Russell makes me want to go out to the Topeka Pro now...

Brian Priebe

Also I would definitely not underestimate Joe Goeke and not just because of the car. He would be my vote for most talented driver in the class.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.