NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into painting my car before spring fling in panama city this spring break. I am debating between going a HOK brandywine, or possibly a color with a crazy pearl in it. Any one have pictures or suggestions on pearl paint jobs? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaRcr01
1500-2000
candy/pearl > yuo

You also need to understand the fundamental difference of when candy paints are sprayed and when pearl paints are sprayed. IMO, candy paints look much cooler, because you always see the color, and sunlight creates variations in the color. Pearl paints on the other hand, when viewed at certain angles in the sun, you only see the pearl color. This is because the pearl is on top of the base coat.

As far as materials, I've heard very good things about PPG candy paints. Their candy paints are a completely different line than their standard stuff. Alot of hot rodders spray PPG. If you want an awesome color, go with PPG red hot chilli pepper candy.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I would repspray is silver metallic like what is on it now, I am guessing since that is the color of the car in your SIG, then have them spray some black pearl over the silver metallic. The clear it and be done with it. I am pretty sure you can do this that way and save yourself a good deal of money all while being original at the same time. Later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.