NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im goig to be a proud celica owner but i cant decide to get either a auto or a manual im a newbie at driving stick a buddie gave me a little crash course in driving i think i did alright but i keep screwin up when taking off in first gear so i end up stallin soo i need some second opinons thanks. o yea im already have my mind set on a gts model

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would learn to drive stick decently and then get a standard... believe me if you buy Auto you will be dissapointed... the auto GT is incredibly slow... I have one... and an Auto GTS is somehow even slower because of gear ratios... so... I'm sure you'll really regret it if you don't learn and get a standard I definitely did.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stick is the way to go on a GT-S. Practice it doesn't take long to learn and once you do u will be glad you decided against an auto... and if your look at this vehicle from a straight line speed aspect the Auto is not even in the same class. It's about 2 second slower in the quarter.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Go get a manual. I got an auto gt-s and it was one of the biggest mistakes i've ever made. About 2 years ago, I traded it for a 6spd and learned to drive stick on it. Makes driving so much more fun ;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Tomorrow i will be test driving a GTS manual. If everything is satisfactory to me i will purchase the GTS.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
if you just want to cruise around and look nice get the auto..if you have upgrade plans then get the manual..if you really like it then you'll force yourself to learn stick..plus its a great car for road trips..you got cruise control!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The auto GTS has really bad gearing and is slower than the auto GT. Buy the manual GTS and learn. Driving your own car is the best way to learn how. By the way the search button is God! This thread topic is posted like once a week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Like everyone else, get a manual even if it is a GT but especially if you get a GT-S. In my opinion, you save more gas, you have more control with the throttle, and you have more control in the turns. Besides, I think that automatic cars are boring to drive.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Get a stick and stop bein such a girl about it haha j/p

You'll pick it up eventually and hopefully have some clutch left when you get it down.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Well, If your looking at the GT-S...take this in mind that the AUTO GT-S is the slowest out of the 7th gen autos...For getting a GT-S get the manaul, it will take some time but It will be worth It I'm sure. But If you have your mind set on an auto go for the GT auto.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Don't get an auto unless you wanna turn into this guy:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217105&page=1&pp=50

:chuckles:
Thank you. Between that thread and this one, theses alot of useful info. Helped me alot. I was confused about getting manual GT or Auto GT-S, I'm going with manual GT!

btw, I did use the search before I started yet another thread about this subject. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts