NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all the sudden our car will not go over 5,000rpm. I hear the wastgate and Bov working so its not that. I checked all the vacuum lines so its not that. I get a little over 10psi but it will not go. Is their another sensor I should look for we just got the turbo in and now we don't want to drive it and damage anything.

I did a search and read about the MAF sensor and I was wondering if anybody has found out anything new on something like this.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got back from test driving it since i cleand the MAF sensor with brake cleaner. Well it ran beter than before but it still stays at around 5,000 to 5,500 i almost got it to 6,000 but i dont want to mess with it anymore. The lift bolts are new they only have 1088 miles on the new motor. Should i buy a new MAF sensor? My speedometer works so its not the speed sensor. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
What computer are you running?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Apexi Power FC.
I just bought a new MAF installed it and took it for a ride when the car was warm i got on it and the first two times it stoped at 5,000rpm then the 3rd time it worked i got lift and it was fast as hell.... But the 4th time i tried and every time after it died at 5,000 what the hell. Does anybody have any ideas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
around 10 ...LOL my bad.....IM STRESSED OUT feww minutes ago it was fine for one good run to almost redline and now it will not go above 5,000 again

·
Registered
759 Posts
check the oil pressure sensor and the lift solenoid that are on the head.

·
Registered
903 Posts
10psi on stock internals? is that safe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
SEASIDE-GRAPHIX said:
around 10 ...LOL my bad.....IM STRESSED OUT feww minutes ago it was fine for one good run to almost redline and now it will not go above 5,000 again
10:1 a/f at 10 psi? that, plus the issues you're having point at a major tuning issue to me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the plugs are brand new when i put the motor in. And yes fully built internals. oils good. Now what do i do to check the check the oil pressure sensor and the lift solenoid? the 10:1 yeah that doesnt seem right but it was just tuned and it boosed fine untill one night. And like i said it worked yesterday one time after changing the MAF thanks for the help guys are trying to give me. I guess ill take it back to CFT and have them look at it. any other ideas please let me know. Im going to reset the computer and take it out in a little while to see if it is any different.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yea like Jesse said, I assume you have the datalogit/FC Edit to program the PFC right?

·
Registered
759 Posts
yeah, seaside, can you post up your vvt and timing maps for us???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts