NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might not be able to show up for the seaside meet. My car was in the shop 2 weeks ago, for turbo installation. The kit I bought from Fabian, but injectors are leaking, and I don't wanna spent couple more hundred to get new injectors. So we spent a whole week just to look for those Seals and o-rings for the injectors. If it don't finish by Friday night, I'll miss the meet.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the dealer ones....but I got the 525cc delphi injectors. They're a bit larger than stock ones. So after the dealer o-rings and groumet they gets real fat and won't get in the hole.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Damn Tom, good luck with that.

Btw, SickCelica might not come to the meet either because he never got the door hinges from you. I mean the car runs and all, but he'd have to drive his Celica without doors, Jeep Wrangler style. :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ekindbest said:
I got the dealer ones....but I got the 525cc delphi injectors. They're a bit larger than stock ones. So after the dealer o-rings and groumet they gets real fat and won't get in the hole.
Then take some sandpaper or a small round file and enlarge the inside of the grommet a bit. I also lubed mine with a bit of oil prior to installation.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm desperate to try anything just to get my car running. lol....here are some pic of the groumet I'm talking about....if any1 is familiar or recognize them pls let me know how and where to get them.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have my e-manage already in the engine bay, the car runs fine, but the charger will be in my trunk for you all to see it and for Chris to take a look at it and see if he can come to my crib and help me install it, I wonder is John NYONEWAY is gonna come....

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Tikked Again said:
ekindbest said:
Then take some sandpaper or a small round file and enlarge the inside of the grommet a bit. I also lubed mine with a bit of oil prior to installation.
yes do that. i think that's what my mechanic did to get them to fit. I don't see why they would fit in my car and not yours. You didn't swap the grommets?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
matadorgts said:
I have my e-manage already in the engine bay, the car runs fine, but the charger will be in my trunk for you all to see it and for Chris to take a look at it and see if he can come to my crib and help me install it, I wonder is John NYONEWAY is gonna come....
I'm glad you got it Emanage running. Where did we go wrong with the wiring? Did we follow a bad diagram or was a combination of incompetence? :)

The emange itself was ok tho right? There was so many variables that day, sorry I didn't have time to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes do that. i think that's what my mechanic did to get them to fit. I don't see why they would fit in my car and not yours. You didn't swap the grommets?
They did swap the groumet...but they were very worn, and not re-usable. I'll try to sand it and file it today.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
woohoo....i got the injectors in without leaking.....but some how the car won't go over 3k RPM...... :wtf:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ekindbest said:
woohoo....i got the injectors in without leaking.....but some how the car won't go over 3k RPM...... :wtf:
That's great. Did you modify the gromets or find new ones? And remember to take it easy until you get the kinks worked out.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got everything working....but when hooking up the e-manage....car stalls like crazy.....need to get it tune tomorrow...so maybe if I got time I'll got later during the day....does any1 got the exact address so I can GPS it??

BTW...I was so pissed today that the mechanic from the shop broke my MAF sensor and blamed it on me....while I wasn't at the shop till like really late.....they bought a new TOYOTA MAF Sensor to make me feel better and that fuking mechanic scratched my Rim(s) and it's gloss black......the owner promised me a set of 18" Knoigs Trouble......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts