NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.just came here.to get somesome advice. I can't seem toto get these knocking noise out of my car. First one comes.from my passenger front. It only knocks when there are small drops or uneven bumpy roads(not alto of.times). The noise is reaally loud llike nothing is holding the strut in place. I am.runnin with tiens and kyb gr2 (struts a're good and already tested) with new control arm, strut mounts, endlinks.

My second problem is my rear,.driver. It sound.wobbly. Doesn't really knocks but sounds like its moving around. It happens when im driving at low speed about 25 or lower throuby speed bumps, uneven bumpy roads, smal potholes. I tested everything and seems to be working. im.running new endlinks with bushings. Sway bar bushing with brackets.

Everything seems to be fine and tight to torque spec. Thanks everyone and hope to hear some feedbacks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you said you have new endlinks? because that's what i would suggest since that's the problem i have currently lol
yeah my endlink were perfectly fine. Now im assuming that its the rubber bushing around the strut or strut mounts. However I don't want to go around wasting money on things that's already good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i am diagnosing this problem. It appears i put the endlink backwards. The part of the joint that can move is supposively connected to the sway bar. The solid end should go to the strut. After i did this i got less noise. But I am going to check the other side now. Maybe the tension from both sides did this after my lowering. Any easy way to check the sway bar bushings while im at it? thats my next moves.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow I didn't even see your post. Did you ever found the problem. I'm planning to fix the mounts tomorrow and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it HAS to be the endlinks, are you sure they don't have any play? or they're not stripped or something?
yeah just checked the end link and they are fine. I ended up changing the mounts and it seems to have stop it in the mean time, but we will see what happens in the next few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts