NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I NEED to go to a "test & tune" day at a strip. My reaction time sucks ass and I couldn't get any traction with the d-p nitrous set-up.
I may look for a light set of wheels and drag radials.

BTW, my best time at Mason-Dixon was a 14.40 at 100.8 mph, but remember, that was with my 19" wheels on. Only got three runs in.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
ShadowGT-S said:
Wow thats a pretty good time Bill!! lol Mike you better watch out!! I might show up next week at Capitol.
Yeah, Jerry, I thought the time was OK seeing as I had all that audio system weight and the 19's on it.
My reaction times were all 1.1's though :rolleyes: (no old man jokes please)

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
bill is teh OLD! :chuckles: Bill, may I suggest you use the nitrous from the end of second gear on instead of off the line? That may help you. Definetly good times considering the 19s and the 3 million LBS of stereo thats in the car.

Mike, you suck. Go to capitol tonight. Im off today.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BrianGTS
bill is teh OLD! :chuckles: Bill, may I suggest you use the nitrous from the end of second gear on instead of off the line? That may help you. Definetly good times considering the 19s and the 3 million LBS of stereo thats in the car.

Mike, you suck. Go to capitol tonight. Im off today.
I would if i could but i cant. Get off next friday. Wach me run 13.4. :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ran a 13.9 while spinning in fisrt the first time i went.

I could get a 13.8 easy maybe even a 13.7 out of it stock with a few more runs.

I did a mod to make the spring stiffer for the wastegate so im pushing 18psi instead of 13psi now. Should be good for a mid 13 run. Maybe even lower if i launch it perfect.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
I didn't realize that I guess. I knew they were a little faster than a WRX though, but I figured low 14's. What RPM does the turbo spool up fully?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by 2000 XYR
I didn't realize that I guess. I knew they were a little faster than a WRX though, but I figured low 14's. What RPM does the turbo spool up fully?
just about 2ish it starts to spool. Never really payed attention to at what rpm it hits full spool at. Right now i basically made a spring to make more tension on the WGA which in essence acts as my own little boost controller. I am pushing 17psi as opposed to the stock 13psi. I just need to buy a stage 1 PCM because the stock PCM recognizes the overboost and corrects the problem after about 50-100 miles. So i have to reset the computer again to hit the high boost numbers.

Originally posted by ShadowGT-S
:)

60'... 2.200
1/4...14.739
Nicely done. The weather was nice tonight. You better go with me next week. I guess i should birng a helmet just in case. :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Originally posted by BrianGTS
I was trying not to use the nitrous until 2nd gear, but I had a little case of the nerves, and I'd forget and floor it on the launch which triggers the WOT switch.
I was going to run with my stock rims & tires, but I was thinking I'd get better traction with the wider contact patch on the 19's and being as they are a little heavier. I want to get some slicks for the front. Anybody know who sells them around here and what size would be the best fit for the celica?

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by skreemin_trdgts
I was trying not to use the nitrous until 2nd gear, but I had a little case of the nerves, and I'd forget and floor it on the launch which triggers the WOT switch.
I was going to run with my stock rims & tires, but I was thinking I'd get better traction with the wider contact patch on the 19's and being as they are a little heavier. I want to get some slicks for the front. Anybody know who sells them around here and what size would be the best fit for the celica?
you can put DR's on your stock rims bill. they should work fine

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by skreemin_trdgts
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148398

these would work well :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts