NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im FN pist...Going through a parking lot....dude backs out without looking....

Status, needs a new door and rear quater needs some work!

Cops said 'private property, sorry can't help' so i have to pay my 1000 deduct.....what a rip!!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRD StreetRacing said:
i don't get it. just because it's private property, cops can't interfier??
yup...cant write any kind of ticket. Im sure my ins. will fight for his ins. to get it fixed, but I need my car asap. Im not driving around a smashed up car for months untlll his ins. ponies up the cash....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Joe... My accident was on private property as well... All you should really do is bitch at his insurance company to get them to pay... Make sure you take pictures notes, whatever else you can, and witnesses help a bunch. Good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
480 Posts
basically its his insurance company that should be taking care of everything. your company can just kick back while you collect from the other company for your injured neck and psychological trauma. if they dont wanna play the game, that's when you sic your lawyers on them. and make them give you a rental car to putt around in

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yo man, the same thing happened to me in my last car...the guy couldn't be cited for anything, but his insurance still paid everything...I had a rental for two weeks and my car looked like new...

Don't let them screw you...

Usman

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Didn't static or someone have a thread where we reached a consensus that cops can write tickets on private property?

Seems mighty selective that they'd choose to ignore your case (which is probably more work) when they were diligent enough to ticket static for something trivial (exactly what escapes me)

·
Registered
880 Posts
As long as you got his insurance information then you will be fine.

And what the hell kind of insurance do you have. I would seriouly look into dropping you dedectable down. You pay alittle more a month for it but it is well worth it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My Manager just went through all this crap. She said that she bithced at the other persons insurance company for a couple months then she finally said forget it and called her insurance company. Her insurance company took care of the headache of the other and made the other company pay them back for everything they paid out your premiums don't get touched.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts