NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a car audio/alarm shop on Long Island that does good work and has good prices. Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a new alarm (viper or some other good brand), i dont wanna spend more than 400 dollars for it installed.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
i spent something like $225 for alarm and instalation for a viper alarm around my way

but then again, that was about 1.5 year ago. if u want i can check it out fa ya. it's a pretty good place too.

EDIT: hey gdog.....where in LI u from?? maybe i can tell u where it is

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Elmont (on the nassau/queens border). $225 installed is an awesome deal for a viper alarm. What model is it? and Is it a good alarm?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
hold up....let me check what kinda viper alarm is it

EDIT: i can't seem to find the booklet......i'm not too sure what modle it is.....well i'v had it for about 2 years and it has not given me 1 single problem

the place is on hampstead turnpike.....so u can take it straight down from elmont.....but if u want...the next time i pass by that place....i can ask for ya....how much, what kind, warranty....ect

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info., i'm going to check out some stores tomorrow. Is the parkway stereo your talking about in hicksville? Has anybody went to a store called Movin on which is on hempstead Turnpike in Franklin square.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Parkway Car Stereo is considered Levittown, I think. And yes, Movin' On (I couldn't remember the name) is not even a quarter mile east of Street Dreams on Hempstead Turnpike in Franklin Square.

But I'm pissed at Streat Dreams now...I got my tint done not even a year ago and it's starting to just slightly peel off the corners of my front windows. The tint came with a lifetime warranty. So I called the place to see if I could come down to get it fixed. The guy's like, "Well, we're under new management now, so that guarantee is void." They suck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The guy's like, "Well, we're under new management now, so that guarantee is void." They suck!
The best thing to do is find the person who sold it to you, and then tell them to replace it or go call the Better Business Bureau. They cant just void your warranty like that.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well, their defense was that techincally it was done before they took the shop over. So, they're not responsible as to what went on there prior to that date. Plus I would have no clue as to how to track down the specific guy that put the tint on...I don't think he even spoke English :ugh:

Edit: I can't spell :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.