NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for a while now I've wanted to start a car club with people in the souther florida, miami, and broward area. Have weekly meets and all that good stuff. I already have a couple people but want it to grow, if your interested and in the South FL area hit me up.

Aaron

·
Registered
499 Posts
coral springs

·
Registered
339 Posts
Car Club Meets

I use to live down in Dania Beach,we had meets down in the Hollywood area,and Pembroke Pines from time to time. I miss that area,but I have more fun up here in Palm Bay,and Cocoa Beach. The meets up here in Merritt Island are huge,not to methion all the Supra's,Mr2's,Celica's,Scion's,Skyline's,240's Domestic's and many other cars up this way from Orlando,Melbourne,and of course the locals. We normally have 50-60 high performance Cars up here on a Saturday Night. We have so much fun up here all the time because the cops don't bother us,and we don't give them a reason to do so.
Even last night with all the rain and it was still raining,we had 30+ Cars up there,and like me everybody was wearing a windbreaker jacket with a TRD hat LOL. All of us went to Deny's later last night to get something to eat and shoot more BS. Sure we could have put a big party together last night but I am all partied out...
Wish you guys and girls lived closer;) its a long drive for most of you down in South FL. I have had some people drive up form Palm Beach and Port. St Lucie before,that's not to far away. I use to work down that way,and I would drive down there everyday from Palm Bay. It use to take me from Palm Bay to Palm Beach Garden's about a hour to get there. When I came down to the Toyota meet back in early July we made it to the meet down there in 2 hours flat from Palm Bay,we were rolling :burnout: ,plus my Car was tuned on a 100 octane, and driving on Race Gas is a lot of fun when your Car is tuned even if its all motor,the 2zz-ge motor responds very well on race gas when it is tuned because I have a 91 GT-Four Celica with a heavily modified 3s-gte motor and I run 100 to 110 octane all the time till I get my Methanol injection kit,its great stuff...
I was talking to the Scikotics Scion Group not to long ago from Ft.Lauderdale,Miami,and Palm Beach area and they said they would be willing to drive up to our Merritt Island Car Club Meet On A Saturday Night sometime in the next couple of Months when the weather gets better and cooler...
I was shocked :eek: when I got word of this,that's awesome

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow I've lived in florida 18 years and never even heard of meritt island lol. Yeah toyomotion sounds good, but if we want to have other make's join maybe find another name...any suggestions? There are a lot of places in the pines area that cops dont really annoy us as long as there's no music blasting and peeling out and ricer stuff. I think this friday there's the weekly meets and racing at 27th. I'll find a specific time but it would be cool for us to roll out there.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
if my memory serves me, toyomotion was the orlando celica club that a bunch of jackass kids started back when the celica was new. the club died, they lost their website, then stuck to hanging around here and talking down to new celica owners, because they were the original OG's, and nothing anyone talked about was new to them and therefore irrelevant to all. Since that time, all have graduated college and moved on (but for celikill) and no longer lurk on this forum either. So basically, their suggestion to call your club by this name is an inside joke of two people who have posted here because they are the only two left of the original group.

but I may be mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if it's a joke then they can go F themselves cause I don't really appreciate it. But like I said before if your serious and want to be in then we can all figure out a name that is suitable to everyone.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I think the car meets in Merit Island is enough of a rice fest for me. Well they are not all ricey, most are just ghetto.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
ghetto as in plywood spoilers and stolen subs?
umm 1/4 of the cars are total crap. 1/4 of the cars are cars. 1/4 of the cars are ok. 1/4 of the cars are decent.

·
Registered
499 Posts
location first! then we all decide on a name!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
location first! then we all decide on a name!
Florida is to big for one club. I say we stay with our local rice clubs and call it a day.

:closed:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thers no groups around my area...hence why I want to start one. I will get a location as soon as all these damn storms get outta here!

·
Registered
499 Posts
sounds good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts