NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So once my '00 GT-S is back on the road, this is what I've been thinking externally. I have the external shaved: no spoiler, rear wiper, or antenna base. I am getting a veilside kit for a steal so that's going on. I took the rain guard/wind visor off the sunroof etc. I'm thinking (Lexus) 065/062 for main paint with a matte black for accents in several places. What do y'all think? I understand it's my car and unless something major happens it is something I'm going to do.

What do you think about it? What do you think I should change?

Posted from Newcelica.org App for Android

·
Lurker
376 Posts
I know it's your car but i personally think the veilside kit is hideous (there are worse... just my .02)...

As far as paint, i would stay away from pearls... metallics are alright but if you ever replace a part and have it painted to match it is very difficult for even the most experienced to paint-match pearl. ($$$$)

I love the idea of shaving it clean at the same time it gets paint and the white black color scheme but if you want an aggressive kit i would buy a urethane kit (TRD, Wings West, Kaminari, etc.). I think a white/black kaminari kit would look awesome (I know it's been done before).

Like you said it's your car, have fun with it!

-Alex

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely going for aggressive. I hadn't really realized that about matching paint even though I hope it's never needed :p

If not veilside, then what kits do you suggest? I've looked around and felt that it was the most aggressive one, but I'd love to keep the clean lines of our Celicas.

·
Lurker
376 Posts
If I hadn't been drooling over TRD's kit this whole time the most 'aggressive'/'outlandish' I would probably go would be the Trial kit... For daily driving purposes I would go with the Kaminari kit just based on durability and price... ($595.00)

http://www.kaminari.com/toyota-celica-full-fascia-kit

The polyurethane is flexible like a stock bumper and usually has better fitment than fiberglass...

As far as matching paint -- pearl is the hardest according to body guys that I've talked to. And if you're getting a fiberglass kit you'll probably want/need a touchup at some point in time...

:shrugs: ...again... just me talking.

-Alex

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Here's a picture of Blackstar's celica I took a while back(I know it's not for everyone but you can get some ideas with what to do)

This is the Veilside version 2 kit, not too fond of the version 1 kit but this one looks alright imo for aggressive. Me personally, I would lean more towards kaminari, TRD, trial, or vizage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ddragon said:
Here's a picture of Blackstar's celica I took a while back(I know it's not for everyone but you can get some ideas with what to do)

This is the Veilside version 2 kit, not too fond of the version 1 kit but this one looks alright imo for aggressive. Me personally, I would lean more towards kaminari, TRD, trial, or vizage.
I definitely like the V2 much more. If I get it then it will be that one. There are a lot of places that can have the matte accents. I'm looking for something to stand out in an area that only has oem Celicas and TRD kits :/

alexeslinger said:
If I hadn't been drooling over TRD's kit this whole time the most 'aggressive'/'outlandish' I would probably go would be the Trial kit... For daily driving purposes I would go with the Kaminari kit just based on durability and price... ($595.00)

http://www.kaminari.com/toyota-celica-full-fascia-kit

The polyurethane is flexible like a stock bumper and usually has better fitment than fiberglass...

As far as matching paint -- pearl is the hardest according to body guys that I've talked to. And if you're getting a fiberglass kit you'll probably want/need a touchup at some point in time...

...again... just me talking.

-Alex
You are welcome to talk as much as you like. I'm open to anyone's opinion if it's stated well and respectfully :) I would prolly do TRD but its the only bodykit you can see here. I'm going for something that will represent well the turbo that I'll be adding before long. The .02 of anyone is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alexeslinger said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thGenTux

that will represent well the turbo that I'll be adding before long.

Which kit you shooting for?

-Alex
Honestly, with the way money trickles into my hobby fund, it might be several years of saving and buying a full kit, buying on here from somebody getting rid of theirs, or perhaps stealing a turbo off a volvo etc and building from there. I am not necessarily looking for any name brand cause I don't have the cash to do so but I'm looking for a reliable setup with +/-250whp approximately. Enough to make sure people respect Celicas around here. All (90%+) are muscle heads in the region. Had a guy yell at me that only girls buy Celicas when I was chilling next to my GT. From his Ford Focus hatchback :marky:

·
Lurker
376 Posts
Honestly, with the way money trickles into my hobby fund, it might be several years of saving and buying a full kit, buying on here from somebody getting rid of theirs, or perhaps stealing a turbo off a volvo etc and building from there. I am not necessarily looking for any name brand cause I don't have the cash to do so but I'm looking for a reliable setup with +/-250whp approximately. Enough to make sure people respect Celicas around here. All (90%+) are muscle heads in the region. Had a guy yell at me that only girls buy Celicas when I was chilling next to my GT. From his Ford Focus hatchback
I know I'm going to sound like a sales rep here... but...

I can't stop telling people how great turbo-kits.com's staff is. A short run-down (people that were with me at the meet already heard some of this) was that I got my kit initially to my door within 2 weeks (not an off-the-shelf kit either)... and got a great price on it... after inventory I found a problem and they shipped the correct part back to me with a $5 bill in the box so I could return the wrong part... ffwd to the install... got the wrong turbo fittings... shipped out same day (even when the shop lost power for a short amount of time because of the hurricane)... ffwd to the last portion of the build... couldn't get the oil feed adapter on correctly... talked to the rep and told them I wasn't too fond of tapping into my block... they sent me the final piece within 2 days and oh by the way they forgot to sent a turbo timer (it was part of the deal that month) and then they shipped that to me...

Nothing but respect for those guys... helped with parts issues, one or 2 install issues, and then went above and beyond to get me free stuff that I asked about after the fact.

It's a great price and a great kit... just buy a PFC and Datalogit when it pops up in the FS section here and you can walk away with an upgraded kit from TK.com for right around $3k...

-Alex

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of boost/whp do you have? I assume you mean the full on kit they have?

·
Lurker
376 Posts
Check my signature block...

12ish psi - 245whp - GT28RS...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts