NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car has reached the 15,000 mark and i have a couple questions:

1. My coolant is jus about at the low mark. So can i just top it off or do i need to flush the whole system?

2. My breaks often squeal when i try to stop. Occasionaly when i step on the brake u can here a noise that sounds like metal hitting metal. The dealership has a front break special for 80 bucks, will that fix my problems?

3. Is all this covered in a 15000 mile check up at toyota?

4. Whenever i turn my ac on it sounds like there is something vibrating under my hood. Its not a metal sound. Actually it justs sounds like something is vibrating. Its hard to describe. Is this normal? Should i also get an ac diagnostic test?

Sorry for all the questions, any of your answers will help

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would just go to the dealer and since your doing the 15k maintenance just tell them to check the coolant level. I think the dealer cleans and adjusts your brakes at 15k so just tell them about your concerns with the brakes (it could just be dirty). And with the AC, usually when i turn mine on it does sound louder from the engine compartment, but i'm not sure if this is normal for everybody or not.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
don't they charge something like $200+ for the 15k maintence thing??

if so, this is what u do.

#1 go get some red coolent and put some in (do not top it off. just fill it about 90%)

#2 check the brakes pads and rotors. if you see that your brake pads are pretty low (25% left), buy the pads from toyota and get a friends or family member that knows how to change it and make that your project for the day

#3 not too sure what to tell you about the vibrations.

·
Registered
572 Posts
my dealer quoted me 109.95 for my 15k..

is it required to goto dealer for the check if you're on lease?
can i do it myself or somewhere else?

thnx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.