NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so to start out i do not have a good background on cars, I do IT so to give you an idea my computer is worth more than my car lol. so if I sound dumb its cause I am in this category.

so I have a auto 200 gt that I drive regularly and i love it it's a fine car. recently I have found that it just doesn't have the stiffness and cornering capability I want from it. now my struts recently became completely shot so i had them replaced for 1k now i see that seems like a lot of money. i also have no idea what brand it is or how to tell. My car is on stock rims with Pilot Exalto A-S's. I drive up mountain roads a lot and want something that does not feel like its gonna slip out on me and I have been looking into coilovers like megan ez street and now i'm hearing that basically BC's are the way to go from reading around this forum. now for the stupid question are the coil overs a shock and strut assembly, as in if I get them they replace the current struts I recently purchased correct?

Also having a GT and an automatic it is not worth my time or money to mod anything power related correct? (I know wrong location but wanted to try to keep my stupid questions in one place)

My budget for all of this work is around 3k if needed car only has 135k on it so I want to keep it till it drops.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Also having a GT and an automatic it is not worth my time or money to mod anything power related correct? (I know wrong location but wanted to try to keep my stupid questions in one place)

You could upgrade intake, header, and exhaust. But you won't see much of a gain.

now for the stupid question are the coil overs a shock and strut assembly, as in if I get them they replace the current struts I recently purchased correct?
Yes, the coilovers will replace your current struts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Handling wise you can get some better tires. They make a world of difference. And if you want to keep cost down you can get a shock and springs combo. Its cheaper than coilovers and if you don't really care how low you are then they're probably the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts