NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a Toyota celica GT 2000. The spark plugs are new, cleaned the MAF sensor, Cleaner throttle body and idle controler valve also changed the rear engine mount and transmission mount still the whole engine shakes in drive and reverse. The car runs and drives fine. Took it to many mechanic they couldn't find out the reason. Never had any check engine light. All the parameters on scan tool looks normal.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,358 Posts
Inspect the other mounts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Agreed, check your other mounts if it's the engine that's shaking. Your post title says car is shaking, is it the car or the engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed, check your other mounts if it's the engine that's shaking. Your post title says car is shaking, is it the car or the engine?
It's the engine thats making the whole car to vibrate. I am going to change one more mount (right passenger side) and see if there's any difference and this time i am getting OEM mount. The rear after market mount made it even worse. I didn't know after market mounts are that bad. It was a mistake:(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Change them all, if it's that bad it's likely they are all original and need to be changed any way. One bad mount will cause good mounts to go bad faster.

On a side note, if that fixes your issue, get a new mechanic, they should have been able to easily spot the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Change them all, if it's that bad it's likely they are all original and need to be changed any way. One bad mount will cause good mounts to go bad faster.

On a side note, if that fixes your issue, get a new mechanic, they should have been able to easily spot the problem.
My mechanic actually told me that look you have no check engine light and you have no driveability issues so that means your engine and transmission is fine. But we don't know where the problem is so you have to spend money and changing parts until it gets fixed and you can start with the motor mount. So changed the rear and transmission mount with after market mount. Bought it from rockauto and the company was DEA. It made the problem even worse. Lesson learned. Never buying any after market mounts again. I'm going to change the right passenger side mount with OEM and see if it makes any difference. Btw all of my mounts were original factory mounts, never changed but none of them were shot too. They had small cracks thats only visible when putting pressure on it

·
Registered
330 Posts
Compression on cylinders must be within 10%. If a cylinder is low on compression, the engine will shake and vibrate, eventually break all engine mounts. ECU would not pull any code for this condition.

So do a compression check.

Cylinders could lose compression if carbon deposit cause leaks past piston rings and valves. Flush the engine oil a couple times with MOTOR MEDIC GUNK or equivalents to dissolve carbon deposits. Check compression a again to see if it improves any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts