NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2000 Celica GT w/ A. I'm having this issue that just after I refuel my car, when I turn it on it just turns off. I then hit "N" and keep rev high and change to "D" quickly so car can run. After a couple of seconds the car runs normally and can be turned off and on without problem. I took it to my mechanic and he replaced some vacuum switches 90910-12220 and 90910-12264. So when I went to refuel my tank I still got the same issue again. The mechanic said that another VSV (next to the air filter) wasn't working. The part is stamped as 90910-12221. However, when I check that part number in an online store it says that it won't fit my celi (matching it to the VIN number). When I checked a Parts Catalog I have it says that the part number is supposed to be 90910-12130. The online site also concurs that this part number fits my celi. I also checked and this part has been replaced by another part number.

Bottom line: Can you guys give me a hint on what can I do to fix my problem? I was going to buy the 90910-12221 but don't know if it would be better to go with the one specified in the online site and the parts catalog. I would appreciate any help with this.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,663 Posts

·
15,663 Posts
Black plug goes to the Purge VSV.

Blue plug goes to the ASIC (butterfly) VSV underneath the stock airbox if you still have one.

·
15,663 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.