NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2000 Celica GT w/ A. I'm having this issue that just after I refuel my car, when I turn it on it just turns off. I then hit "N" and keep rev high and change to "D" quickly so car can run. After a couple of seconds the car runs normally and can be turned off and on without problem. I took it to my mechanic and he replaced some vacuum switches 90910-12220 and 90910-12264. So when I went to refuel my tank I still got the same issue again. The mechanic said that another VSV (next to the air filter) wasn't working. The part is stamped as 90910-12221. However, when I check that part number in an online store it says that it won't fit my celi (matching it to the VIN number). When I checked a Parts Catalog I have it says that the part number is supposed to be 90910-12130. The online site also concurs that this part number fits my celi. I also checked and this part has been replaced by another part number.

Bottom line: Can you guys give me a hint on what can I do to fix my problem? I was going to buy the 90910-12221 but don't know if it would be better to go with the one specified in the online site and the parts catalog. I would appreciate any help with this.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , i checked and the blue plug is connected over there...where does this blue connector should be plugged and which plug is the one that should go to the vsv?

·
15,684 Posts
Black plug goes to the Purge VSV.

Blue plug goes to the ASIC (butterfly) VSV underneath the stock airbox if you still have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black plug goes to the Purge VSV.

Blue plug goes to the ASIC (butterfly) VSV underneath the stock airbox if you still have one.
Thx 2way... that was the entire problem...blue plug wasn't where it was supposed 2... :headbang:

·
15,684 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts