NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw an add on myspace for "pimp your ride," (not the mtv version) and they're saying that they can turn my car into a show car. some sponsers include: tsunami, street fx, dunlop, blox, megan racing, and bg sports suspension. im not too familiar with most of these sponsers, only dunlop and tsunami. anyways do u guys think its worth it for me to get my car sponsered by them? i turned in a quick app and they acepted me.i have a feeling that they are going to rice it out, and i really dont want that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
no...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i did it, they are legit. Shipping usually takes a while, but the products are clean and it's a nice discount, especially if you love to mod your car and use those companies. I just got my Fidanza Flywheel from them as well as my SS for like, 350 total w/ shipping. not too shabby if you ask me.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
yeah but your car gets covered in their stickers. Most of the time they aren't small stickers either, like the whole side of your car normally

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
yeah sign me up for a Blox + Megan Racing sponsorship

:chuckles:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Megan is cheap ebay quality ****. Most of the companies listed their are cheap ebay quality crap that you couldn't pay me to put on ANY of my cars. Just remember, if you want to get your car up to show quality, be prepared to be running 1-2 shows a month, cover your car with stickers for the duration of that show and probably most of the time you're driving it around. You kinda lose the ability to enjoy your car. Some sponsers get anal about the other mods you put on your car. Megan would probably bitch if you put Tein suspension on your car and used Megan for headers.

If it's that easy to get a sponsership, you have to wonder how desperate they are for help. Most people have to bend over backwards to get sponserd by a real company.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Sponsors are cool but the only sponsorship I need is me. Its better to know that I made my Celica the way it is by myself! And I hate stickers only unless its a TRD decal and also the fact that you MUST go to shows or events that your sponsors tells you to go! I would hate to go places thats far or feel like a slave for a company. But thats just my opinion!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
k i'll give you hte full workup. 1st off Megan racing is not part of them. maybe in the past but not right now.

I am currently working with them. I signed up for 1 reason only. I was going to be in HIN orlando and didnt want to pay the 65(enterence)+125-150(electricity). i figured i'f i was picked for the HIN sponsor section then the 89 would pay itself off. After applying for the smaller application pool of the HIN sponsor program they selected me for orlando. After that they sent me for free: Blaupunk headunit, Dunlop tires, some cleaning crap, and $500 undercar streetfx lighting kit. Now i didnt really care about getting all that stuff but it was a nice bonus.

As for stickers. At the show they put the sponser stickers on there but most came off. But i did howevere just get custom color sponsor decals made so i can still promote the companies but its now very subtle blending in color. The deal is your soposed to wear the stickers for a year. But they know most take them off after the show. so as long as they are on for the show its all good.

Now realistic about who and how far you get sponsored. To get actual FREE products and FULL sponsorships you already need to have a car that is prettymuch done and going into shows. Thats how i was picked. They want the flashy cars to put in the booths to attract more people so sign up. So if you just starting out DONT expect free crap.

For damn near everyone else who signs up, even if you have like 1 mod, you will be accepted. You will be accepted for "Quasi" sponsorships on all the companies listed. This means your get around 1/2 or cost on all the items they company lists. Your soposed to wear the decal for a year on these too but who is going to check up on you. This is how they say they can make you into a show car. By allowing you to buy products you were already planning on buying but much cheaper your saving a large sum of cash.

Also there is the RPM program where if you win 1st in a category at HIN your get all the products that you purchased at liek the 1/2 off reinbersed for the cost so you get them for free.

So in the end what does it do: If your starting out and plan on buying products by these companies sign up and your going to be very nice discounts which will pay off that 89 quick. If your already prettymuch done and you just want to be in their booth and get random free stuff then go for it.

The people who work there are really great and helpful. They want to do whatever they can to help you get your car worked on and in the shows. If you have any more questions let me know. Also if you sign up put down [email protected] referred you :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts