NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off before this happened, my car had been broken into. My custom JDM lookalike console w/TV, dvd player, system and others were stolen. Some wires behind the console were cut. In any case I found the car in the morning with the passenger window knocked out. Though the a/c, and radio wasnt working, the car started and I drove it home. Well after that I had to go price shopping for a new 1/4 panel window. I noticed the alarm wasnt responding as well. Following this, I parked it in my driveway only to start it in the morning and couldnt get it out of park. So the car starts, the speedmeter is not coming on but other signals like BREAK, and Door Opened light up. No gas mileage is shown though. What could be wrong?? I really have no clue what to do and before towing it to some dealer I would like to know possible resolutions. The guage cluster is plugged in cuz I already checked. Could it have something to do with the alarm? Because its not responding and I had to manually open the car.

BTW - Its an auto.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You could try to diconnect the alarm since it may have some sort of lockout. See if you are then able to get it out of park.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you will have to get the car re-wired. While doing electrical troubleshooting on my car, I noticed that many wires that ran through the center console ran directly to the instrument cluster, which was then routed to the ECU.

It was hell.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 2k2gts6
there is always the shift override button on the shift console...
:wtf:?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The little oval on the shifter trim. Just pop that off with a flathead screwdriver, then push down the button underneathwith the screwdrvier while moving the shift lever. All cars have this.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Could be a fuse. My cousin and a friend of mine tried to install a sound system for his RSX awhile back. When they finished and started the car, it wouldnt go into gear, CEL lit up, no power to the head unit... list of problems goes on. Turns out that a couple of fuses went out. Replaced them and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Gas-n-Grease
Could be a fuse. My cousin and a friend of mine tried to install a sound system for his RSX awhile back. When they finished and started the car, it wouldnt go into gear, CEL lit up, no power to the head unit... list of problems goes on. Turns out that a couple of fuses went out. Replaced them and everything worked fine.
Dude that could be the problem!!! My sound system was stolen and they had cut some wires and what not. Its possible this might have done it.

Which fuse do I check?

Thanks for all the responses.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Manny_TXtreme
:wave:

Help someone....

Which fuses correspond to the cluster?
I don't think there is one specific fuse for the cluster. The cluster is actually a mini-ECU that controls a lot of stuff inside the car and in the engine bay. Check the fuses inside the car first (passenger side of center console), then the fuses in the large fuse box in the engine bay.

·
Registered
779 Posts
you need to check the fuse for the interior light. When the wire were cut they probably grounded out the fuse. That fuse controls your door open light and I believe it also controls your park lock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts