NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will no longer start after i installed the amp, at first it did start and it idled really bad so i shut it off and now the car will not start at all, amp is unplugged and car will crank and crank but no start. All vacuum hoses seem to be hooked up...what could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
if you used a fuse from your box could have overloaded it. check all fuse even ones you didnt use there is no such thing as over checking

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^i dont really understand what you are saying but i have checked all fuses under the hood and i have checked all fuses under the cluster that had anything to do with ignition or fuel and none seem to be blown...im going to check again tomorrow morning and make sure i didnt miss any.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hooked straight to the battery with 8ga wire. Remote is hooked up to a dc-dc inverter to power my carputer. Before, this occurred the carpc, and amp were working before i took stuff apart to get the car to start again.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Thats odd lol. Theres nothing in the center console area that would cause the ignition or start up to act that way. Have you tried a hard reboot? Disconnecting the battery completly to see if that would get it to start?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Also does your fuse box cluster on the inside of the car have multitap fuses? If so double check those. they may not appear to be blown just by looking at them youll have to remove them to see if they are or not.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i apologize, but im not sure what multitap fuses are? My amp's green light still comes on when i unhook the 12v wire from the battery...is that normal i.e. i have the remote and ground connected but no 12v and the light comes on the amp when i turn it to acc...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
A multitap is a fuse that routs power to multiple things. Itll be about tripple the size of the small fuses. As far as your amp that would be a big no. It should not have power if you disconnect the power from it. Somehow its getting power through the remote wire and that may have been what caused your problem. just guessing though.Check your wireing for your dc-dc inverter, when its light enough of coarse lol.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
your amp remote should deff be running off the deck remote wire.
i would double and triple check all your battery's wires. check everywhere you spliced a wire in or anything.. you might have accidently cut another wire..

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for the record I am not using a headunit, the amp will be strictly powered from my carputer and dc-dc inverter. I am checking a few things this morning and will report back with the findings.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.