NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been using NEWCELICA for install guides for a couple years, and thought it's about time to join.

Anyways, I have a 2003 Celica GTS (automatic) that I bought from my brother in law after he totaled it.
I did all the front end repair work and got it running. I just got a new job so I actually have money to put into this car.
I'm not sure it's worth investing much in, seeing as it's salvage title and has almost 130,000 miles

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of a good aftermarket exhaust that is CARB legal.

I have seen lots of threads about exhaust, but none of them seem to talk about what is CARB legal.

thanks for any help/advice!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Technically ALL axleback exhausts are CARB legal because they do not affect the emissions in any way. That said, they may try to ticket you for noise. TRD used to provide a certificate that certified the dB level of the TRD exhaust. DOn't know of any other manufacturers that do that however.

·
Registered
32 Posts
TPR exhaust doesn't have sticker or certificate unlike the TRD but it is just an axle back so it will pass the smog test.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a big fan of my Megan Racing axle back. It's got a really nice sound (once you take off the silencer) to it, no rice whatsoever. And a plus if you buy it on redline360, it's cheaper than straight off meganracing.com. It's also 100% emissions approved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts