NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best way to avoid the spiderweb scratches is to make sure you start with a CLEAN wash mit.. throw that sucker in the wash.... after you wash your car everytime and empty your wash bucket a few times while washing.... ;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thread resurrection time...

I used the "Mr Clean Auto Dry" yesterday for the 1st time...and I know everyone has talked about it so much already, but holy cow if I knew it worked that well, I'd have started using it as soon as it came out! Typically, it takes about 2 hours for me to wash my car cause I have to then use a polish or the cleaner to get the spots off. Yesterday, I just washed it, and including cleaning the inside, cleaning and conditioning the leather, vacuuming, etc., the whole process took only 1.5-2 hours. Basically saved me 1-1.5 hours of polishing. (and a whole lot of elbow grease!) Yeah!!!

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
It would have been better to post this in a thread specifically about the Mr Clean. Give it a day or 2 and I'm going to merge it into one of those.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
bme107 said:
It would have been better to post this in a thread specifically about the Mr Clean. Give it a day or 2 and I'm going to merge it into one of those.
I was unaware of any such thread. Sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cleaning

to remove water spots and anything else after the wash process use "simonix speed dry drying towel"...is almost a rubberry material but it works better than any chamois or 100% cotton ive ever used!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
i wash my car and usually everything is fine until a couple of minutes after i dry the car. i have a problem with water spilling out of my side mirrors and license plate. does anybody have any tips on how to prevent the water from spilling out onto my door and creating messy water spots on my car?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
usually, you can see where the water is collecting (under the lights, for example) If you hold a towel or shammy to that area for a couple seconds, it should suck the water out so itll end up in the towel instead of dripping later.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
LEE-roy said:
i wash my car and usually everything is fine until a couple of minutes after i dry the car. i have a problem with water spilling out of my side mirrors and license plate. does anybody have any tips on how to prevent the water from spilling out onto my door and creating messy water spots on my car?
i actually wash the car...dry is about 80%...drive around the block to get water out of mirrors, rims, and clean off the brakes of rust...come back pull it into the garage and finish drying...any water i just blow out of seams...

then use a showtime detail spray on whole car...then don't drive it for a few hours so it drys compeltely...

its a perfect shine every time :gap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old, but just in case someone is still interested in the topic (just as I am).

Meguiars does a pretty good job, both with their products and their explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6B7V1bBq98&feature=player_embedded

Something I've found is that once you do the cleaning + prep work, NuFinish is actually a pretty good polymer-based wax. Yeah, it's got that whole "As seen on TV" thing, but surprisingly good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is the reason I don't get a black car, because I used to live in Seattle area. I don't like to wash my car very often and the black car looks like covered with the mud water after the rain...

My last car was silver and I think I washed once a year at most and I don't notice if the car is dirty or not and no one tells me to wash my car. That was why I picked silver. :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts