NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of gettin a carbon fiber hood for the spring time but don't really know a lot about them. Which is the best company as far as fitment and quality? I was also wondering how these would hold up during winter time with snow and all becuase i was thinking of selling my stock hood. Money isn't really a question because i want a quality hood but if there are any good deals let me know thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way has anyone heard of g3autosport.com, its some site off of ebay that is selling cf hoods for around 400 shipped just wondering about different companies thanks

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Brine504 said:
I am thinking of gettin a carbon fiber hood for the spring time but don't really know a lot about them. Which is the best company as far as fitment and quality? I was also wondering how these would hold up during winter time with snow and all becuase i was thinking of selling my stock hood. Money isn't really a question because i want a quality hood but if there are any good deals let me know thanks.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
uhm . . . spoon hoods are the best imho, DONT get VIS, quality is nowhere near the OETUning hood

plus the spoon hood is one of the rarest ones out there

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
tlminh said:
uhm . . . spoon hoods are the best imho, DONT get VIS, quality is nowhere near the OETUning hood

plus the spoon hood is one of the rarest ones out there
it wont be if you keep doing this :D

but i agree, the weave on the spoon hood is great. the quality is there :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Go with VIS..

where are you located? I know a guy who got his car broken into. He's so distraught over it he's now decided to bring his car back to stock and is getting rid of all his mods. This guy had mods since the beginning of 2001.
He's selling the CF hood he just bought last year for only $270.
It will also come with hoodpins so no need to buy those.

If you're in the tri-state area, you might wanna look into it.

But not to digress...my vote goes to VIS.

Bat - that hood is off the chain!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
once i get a digicam, ill post pics of the spoon hood (spoon hood is made by oetuning . . . "spoon weave" actually)

but sure, the masses have VIS . . . i compared it next to OETUning's spoon hood, and the VIS is not quality

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I have to wonder tlminh, are you getting a cut of the profits from these OETuning hoods? I've never seen anyone try to pimp a product so hard unless they are getting something out of it.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I have to wonder tlminh, are you getting a cut of the profits from these OETuning hoods? I've never seen anyone try to pimp a product so hard unless they are getting something out of it.
I was thinking the same thing. Then I looked under his SIG and low and behold a link to OETuning.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Fiber Images is much better than VIS. I've heard so many ppl complaing about them....like their quality has gone down in recent days. However, I must have got an awesome one and I would personally compare it to the OE Tuning's. Not in terms of the weave pattern, but definitely in terms of the quality. Furthermore, I have a private source who got the OE Tuning hood off of TLMINH's GP on them and he weighed his hood and mine is the same weight. Only 9 freak'n lbs....it's so light. Of course, mine is a little bit heavier because I got carbon fiber TRD Hood Spoilers too...hehe. Anyways, I know that others on this board who got a "good" version of Fiber Images hood will stand by me.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I'd match my hood up against the OETuning one. The weave might not be as tight or whatever (like that matters to me), but the gel coating on it is thick enough that I won't ever have to worry about any damage to the hood. Most CF hoods I've seen have a thin clear coat on it and nothing else. It's probably stronger than most as well.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
:werd: DG Motorsports has been making top quality hoods for Hondas for years. The DG hood I've seen on my friend's Matrix is no exception -- the clear coating alone is 1/4" thick. If I weren't getting one from C-ONE, I'd have bought a DG hood myself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts