NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So the weather finally turned around. Been 75 to 82 degrees the last few days.
This means i've been able to start my carbon stuff again. Unfortunately i dont think i will be creating the door panels since I am working on all the interior pieces at the moment, and may start making parts for local people.

I figured it would be right if i let you all know this rather than leaving the thread blank. Here are two pics of the console lid i just finished yesterday. Pics were taken with camera phone, sry.

Installed:

Right Before installation:

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Looks nice. I have a custom console lid in carbon fiber (Not wrapped. Real deal) for about $60. How much do you guys charge?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
RW is this with two layers of CF? I made the same piece with only one layer and it looks a bit different:
Your piece looks very nice man.
Mine is made with 1-2 layers depending on the curves. Any additional layers would thicken the piece too much.

Items made by different people will always look a little different. There are many factors that cuases these little differences, such as how the part is made (wet layup vs vacuum bagging), layers of carbon used, the way it is draped, the twill, thread count and weight, layers of epoxy/resin, sanding techniques, etc.

·
Registered
499 Posts
sending mine out tomorrow!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Joey, when you said real deal not wrapped . . . is it actually a standalone molded piece with the oem brackets etc integrated or is it an oem armrest with c/f wrapped "cloth resin etc" over?

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Nice piece, but im not a fan of 1x1 twill.
Thanks. Yeah, me too. That picture was just an example. :chuckles:

Joey, when you said real deal not wrapped . . . is it actually a standalone molded piece with the oem brackets etc integrated or is it an oem armrest with c/f wrapped "cloth resin etc" over?
It's not wrapped at all. It's a replacement piece that's made in carbon fiber.
Here's some pictures of it. It's not TopShop quality, but I'm satisfied with it.

^ Yeah, I slapped a TRD decal in there. :gap:

21 - 40 of 157 Posts