NewCelica.org Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 8527 Posts

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Yea Veg I'm still interested in a rolling chassis, and I should be able to hook you up with the charcoal canister you need, I'm taking mine off (finally) after about 2 years of it being disconnected so it should be good to go....also, Dura, I should also be able to get you the airbags ECU for them as well...I'll try calling you tomorrow.
I'm not even sure I need the whole charcoal canister. Tony's is cracked though, he wanted it from that car for sale.

The guy that owns that car called me earlier and he has now changed his mind, again. First it was "only will sell whole car" after I offered money for some random parts. Now he has changed his position again and wants to now only sell me the motor and trans, but I offered 1900 for both and he declined.

If you guys want to try and get the chassis from him ill send you the number to call.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They are really hard to get now. I think only Tony and myself have them around here.

I'll check with a couple of my other connections for you.
i appreciate it!!

if i can't get my hands on a good pair il go ahead and order the AVS ones :D dead cheap too $40

let me know whats up vegeta4ss

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I called one guy in cali, and just got mail back from my buddy overseas. I can't get new ones anymore. :(.

Carson Toyota can though, usually just with a small wait.

So, you can order the AVS or you could contact Carson Toyota and see if they can still get them to you for less than $200. I guess it depends how fast you want them.

In case my car is totally screwed, you are on the top of my list of ppl to sell my authentic ones to. Wish I could help more.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i'd consider it jdm. The only dealers that can order it are the ones that stock the old trd accessories and such. Carson is the only one really worth a sh|t anymore.

I think leems bought his for like 178 or some strange amount like that. It was nearing 200 for sure. Take into account gas prices and for overseas taxes going up in July (this is why all of the sudden Tein, TRD, Work, Rays, Piaa, Ing's, etc stuff went up a lot) and that's why I said 200.

You really missed the boat, I had like 3 group buys on the damn things. I offered a local pickup price of 120, 140 shipped elsewhere. But that was before Kinway stopped coming around.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
freaking crap -_- cant believe it

il hold out and see if your car is back in order

maybe il just do a pick up?

carson is looking 140 shipped for the visors but yea 100 more then the fake avs hahaha

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
where is the avs for $40..i might pick up a pair of those. Visors is something id like to have but not really in a hurry to get.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
http://www.partsamerica.com/ they are 3x.00 then + ship and tax= 43ish 45ish bucks

or u can get them from autozone's site for 4x.00 + ship + tax = ??? no idea

if ur interested in getting some let me know i can order 2 pairs and we can meet up you pay me for a pair and install them together :p (for my sake hahaha im a screw up)

or you can buy it yourself and leave me hanging :(

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
you have to check the door angle too before you stick. Dont forget that or you'll be pissed when you have to find fresh tape.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Oh so just make sure the window dont hit it when you open the door?..that what you mean by door angle.

Anybody know of a 2zz around the area that I can pick up for cheap...maybe <$900. What else would I need besides a ecu if I were to put this in my car later on.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i'll let you know, i'm also looking for one. You'll need axles, harnesses, a cluster, ecu, motor, and maybe a couple sensors to make it run.

But I offered 1900 for a perfectly good motor. Just the motor. And the person declined. So i doubt 900 is gonna get you close unless it needs a lot of attention.

Yeah that's what I meant by door angle.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Yeah Im not really expecting to get one for that cheap that works perfect...unless it something somebody cant figure out and wants to get rid of it.

Would the gt midpipe meet up to the gts header.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i am pretty sure if it would fit, but there is a really easy way to fix it if it doesn't. Just cut it and put on a new flange. Most junkyards wont sell midpipes so it might actually be a hard part to find. I wanted at one time to make my own custom design midpipe without taking my car off the road. But I found it impossible to find one for sale. There was a couple for sale on the forum but they all were gone quite quickly.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Hey V. any news about your celi. . . .
I'm heading back to town today. A replacement ecu and fuel pump drop in assembly are headed to Charlotte as well. I really hope replacing those will fix it all up. Should have them on friday. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the celi comes back to life on my birthday. That would be choice.

I'm liking the Jeep and all but nothing compares to drivin the celica. Especially now that I had fixed the suspension issues, it was ridin rails like a mofo. It only took two months but I fixed the turn in angle/understeer problem. So i'm anxious to go out there and tear up the streets again, lol.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
you know what really pisses me off?

Extreme dimensions.

They keep deleting the posts from others warning about how bad their product quality is. I understand WHY they delete them, but honestly...quit making garbage, save your company reputation. This will lead to happy buyers. They may as well be sending you a huge turd in a box and a picture of them spending your $500 at the titty bar. lolz.

3401 - 3420 of 8527 Posts