NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, ok so my dog tore up the carpet at the door to my bedroom while I was out. I live in an apartment community. Do any of you know about how much it would cost to recarpet a 12' x 11'6" room? I called Empire Carpet and they told me I had to have my landlord's written approval to get it done, I don't want them to know because I don't want them to know I have a dog. Does anyone know of a company that would do it without that written approval? Or am I totally screwed?

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Does anyone know of a company that would do it without that written approval? Or am I totally screwed?
honestly you have about 2 options. 1. do it yourself its not that hard. 2. go to homedepot at like 5 am and there will be Mexicans hanging outside looking for work ask them if they know how to do it and hire one or them to do it.

Good luck though cuz if u get a business to do it then you will have a big ass carpet truck outside your apt dead give away.

Now that i have typed all of that i just remembered....you don't have to re carpet the whole room just cut out the piece your dog ate then go to the carpet store and but a piece slightly bigger then lay it in it will look good as new! u might have to tack it down though if it is not already on a nail strip.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly you have about 2 options. 1. do it yourself its not that hard. 2. go to homedepot at like 5 am and there will be Mexicans hanging outside looking for work ask them if they know how to do it and hire one or them to do it.

Good luck though cuz if u get a business to do it then you will have a big ass carpet truck outside your apt dead give away.

Now that i have typed all of that i just remembered....you don't have to re carpet the whole room just cut out the piece your dog ate then go to the carpet store and but a piece slightly bigger then lay it in it will look good as new! u might have to tack it down though if it is not already on a nail strip.
Yeah I think I'm just gonna try to do it myself. That big ass carpet truck will definitely get me in trouble...I'm really cool with a few of the girls in the leasing office and I don't wanna piss them off. They usually do me favors and hook me up with quicker maintenance...

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
Yeah I think I'm just gonna try to do it myself. That big ass carpet truck will definitely get me in trouble...I'm really cool with a few of the girls in the leasing office and I don't wanna piss them off. They usually do me favors and hook me up with quicker maintenance...
Well, they do you "favors". That's always a good thing ;). But try to do it yourself. All the times i've seen people do carpet installations, it honestly doesn't seem to be that hard. You just have to go ninja about it because of your situation, but im sure you'll make it just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts