NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be ordering a high flow cat and resonator and wanted to get a few things clear... (00 GTS by the way)

For the cat, I need a 2.5" inlet/2.25" outlet?

For the resonator, do I need 2.25" inlet/outlet?

Can anyone recommend any aftermarket resonators? I was thinking about going with Magnaflow since I have heard good things, but does anyone have any reviews (sound and performance wise) of any aftermarket resonators you have added?

I will be adding this to my TRD axle-back exhaust.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You got the right idea so far, but If you'er getting a aftermarket cat and resonator, you might as well upgrade to 2.5" all the way back too.

·
Registered
903 Posts
so youre gonna replace the TRD resonator with a magnaflow one?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulsar1 said:
You got the right idea so far, but If you'er getting a aftermarket cat and resonator, you might as well upgrade to 2.5" all the way back too.
Would it be beneficial to start the 2.5" piping between the cat and resonator (and then get a 2.5" resonator) and have it continue to where the axleback bolts on, or should it just start after the resonator (and get a 2.25" inlet/ 2.5" outlet resonator)?

Does the TRD exhaust use 2.5" piping or will the exhaust system go back down to 2.25" once it hits the axleback?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i got both of my cat and resonator at 2.5" and both are magnaflow

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ch33z said:
Thanks.

I just bought Dooly's straight pipe (2.5" back from header) with high flow cat.

$40 shipped is a steal if you ask me.

I may or may not weld in a resonator, have to see if it sounds sh|tty or not without one.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
slidr said:
Ch33z said:
Thanks.

$40 shipped is a steal if you ask me.

I may or may not weld in a resonator, have to see if it sounds sh|tty or not without one.
thats a real good deal and get a resonator to save u some time cuz it sounds gay without resonator :thumbup:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
slidr said:
Do you know if he kept the divider plate section from the header halfway to the cat intact? If not, you'd need to get that cut out of your stock midpipe and welded onto Dooly's. You'd lose a good amount of power without it.
slidr said:
Ch33z said:
get a resonator to save u some time cuz it sounds gay without resonator :thumbup:
That's what I hear. :chuckles:
:werd:

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blue Bomber said:
Do you know if he kept the divider plate section from the header halfway to the cat intact? If not, you'd need to get that cut out of your stock midpipe and welded onto Dooly's. You'd lose a good amount of power without it

No, I'm not sure. I will have to look into the pipe when I get it.

Since that section of the stock downpipe is the same diameter of the pipe he is sending me, if the divider plate is missing then I will most likely splice the stock downpipe into his.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Go to Magnaflow's site, find a muffler, and then go back to Summit. They should have all of the mufflers, even if they're not listed. Just add MPE in front of the part number.

As for the Magnaflow resonator, I had a hard time finding one when I was looking for it, too. That's a muffler you have in the link. Someone else had a shop get one for them, and it looked a lot different than Magnaflow's usual mufflers, but still had Magnaflow embossed on the side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts