NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been doing some research on CATs for my car, I currently have a 2000 Celica GT.

From what I've searched online many people seem to have got their Cats for less than $100 but those posts range anywhere from 1-5 years ago.

I Understand Catco and Carsound cats are fairly popular. My question is how much should I be spending on the part in today's market?

Thanks

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
I spent $200 and some change to get a magnaflow hiflow cat part+installation on mine..Idk how much it would be in CA as they have much stricter emission laws...I'm just throwing a figure out there.

·
SPREAD THE HATE
4,423 Posts
Get Magnaflow.
I think I spend something like $150 or something on mine?
I can't remember.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Just get the cheapest one that will pass emissions test catalytic converter you can find, don't bother with performance cats because it will not gain much on a GT.

·
Murse Practitioner.
2,911 Posts
There was a thread fairly recent in which someone posted a list of the part numbers of CARB legal cats that were available.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Just get the cheapest one that will pass emissions test catalytic converter you can find, don't bother with performance cats because it will not gain much on a GT.
Not much gain,but my hi flow definitely improved sound :gap: it sounds more free flowing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a P0420, already chaged 02 sensors not to mention I get this black soot on my back bumper. I already took it to a shop long ago told me to replace the CAT but I didn't have money at the time (but now I do haha)

I don't really care too much for gains, but if I can make the sound louder/lower/more "grumbly" shoot some suggestions and numbers my way please. I currently have a Magnaflow on there.

There's a shop near my house that can do a car-sound installed for $315 and catco for $250 installed

Thanks for all the responses btw!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got a P0420, already chaged 02 sensors not to mention I get this black soot on my back bumper. I already took it to a shop long ago told me to replace the CAT but I didn't have money at the time (but now I do haha)

I don't really care too much for gains, but if I can make the sound louder/lower/more "grumbly" shoot some suggestions and numbers my way please. I currently have a Magnaflow on there.

There's a shop near my house that can do a car-sound installed for $315 and catco for $250 installed

Thanks for all the responses btw!
^

·
SPREAD THE HATE
4,423 Posts
P0420s are almost ALWAYS the cats, dropping money on the O2 sensers was sort of a waste...
:laugh:

But yeah, I can't remember the exact name of the cat I got/jesse recommended.
It was magnaflow, a universal one too. 1.5" universal I believe, idk.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts