NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been over 2.5 years since I've owned the Celica (2002 GTS) (190 VVTLI) never had a problem with a CEL light, just started car after finnishing work and it came on straight away. The car was parked in direct sunlight so I thought sensor or somthing has got warm. Got home plugged up OB2 scanner read code
CEL code:- P0410 - 2nd air injection system mulfunction

FIrst Thing I thought was air indiction RMM cap pipe or something has come loose but is all correct and present, deleated and reset the code has not returned. Any ideas what could be the cause of this problem and what things to check. I'm a little suspect of thou the CEL cus of the hot weather but must be a reason for it to come on. Any help on this would be greatly apreachiated. THanxs

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been informed that P0410 could be:-
Wiring AIR valve,Air solenoid,ECM
Any ideas how to test these components ?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The air injection is part of the emissions and exhaust system. Somewhere in the engine bay, you have something similar to a turbine that accelerates fresh air into the exhaust system (through the header, I believe), making the cat work more efficiently. Unfortunately, I have no idea about how to test the system. At this point, I'd say just check for loose hoses and wire connectors.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say just check for loose hoses and wire connectors.
Blue Bomber thanxs for the info and suggestions. Need to spend some time tomorrow rechecking everything hoses and wire connectors etc Just hope its somthing simple.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the RMM over a year no problems never had a CEL light before. was my first suspission to check the air sensors and caps, tubes were inplace which they were. AS soon as the engine started lights go off but the CEL engine light stayed on. Was very strange. Turned off car as a double check came on straght away.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
There is an air tube going to the back of your engine to the manifold. It is probably coming from the passenger side. Try tracing it back to the valve assembly. Whwn you get to that valve look for a loose connector or wiring damage. If you don't find any it could be a bad valve. Its hard to say, and I'm not 100% certain if the European air injection is the same as whatw e got in the US in 04 or not. If its different I can't really help you as I know nothing about the European system.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boosted2.0 thanxs for the info, the CEL light has'nt come back so far but I will trace and check that valve just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts