NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, please read on before flaming me about not having a code:

Last night while at a drive-thru I shifted into Park as the line was long. When we got moving, I shifted into D, heard the intake "hiss," and then the CEL came on. I got home and checked the hose connections to find they were all intact. When I got out to drive this afternoon, the CEL was still on and hasn't turned off since.

3 days ago I installed a Hiper Flow 3" filter on my Injen Short Ram. Although I argued to the salesperson that my Injen filter is 2.75" (I even had it in my hand at the time), he compared the two and said that there should be no issue. The filter fit the intake pipe snugly and securely. The cone filter itself has a much larger surface area than the supplied Injen (K&N) filter.

Apparently AutoZone no longer does free CEL diagnostics, and was recommended to another shop who wanted to charge me $55. When I asked who else would do it for free, they laughed at me (literally) like it was some kind of a joke.

I don't want to have to take the car to the dealer only to have them be all up on my grill about having an intake and charging me an arm and a leg just to look at it.

Has anyone had similar issues (even with CAI) and can offer what the problem may be without the "reset the ECU and pray" copout?

·
Registered
382 Posts
do u still have the original filter? put it back... reset... pray... see if you still get CEL... if not u know there's a problem with the new filter... make sure it's clamped on really tight

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you have another Autozone close by? If so call them and ask if they will read your CEL Code. When I was having problems, the first autozone I called, siad they would not check it. The second Autozone hooked me up. I think the first guy I talked to was an idiot. This same thing may have happened to you. All the commercials I here for them still advertise the free code diagnosis.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Where in So Cal do you live? I live in Carson and have a Toyota scan tool - might be able to help you out if you want to swing by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts