NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, last night after work i raced a co-worker in his 99 5sp lude w/ full intake and i have a custom intake with evo 2 exhaust. from a 40mph roll i owned him by like 2-3 cars. from a 60mph roll on the highway he had me by like 2 cars, but then i started to catch up on the top end, we shut it off at like 110mph. the last race was from a stop and i lauched like crap so he owned me pretty bad. i'm getting a hotshot header sometime next week, do yall think i should take him with i/h/e and maybe a short shifter?? thanks again guys!!

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Nice runs :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by bluedevil02
well, last night after work i raced a co-worker in his 99 5sp lude w/ full intake and i have a custom intake with evo 2 exhaust. from a 40mph roll i owned him by like 2-3 cars. from a 60mph roll on the highway he had me by like 2 cars, but then i started to catch up on the top end, we shut it off at like 110mph. the last race was from a stop and i lauched like crap so he owned me pretty bad. i'm getting a hotshot header sometime next week, do yall think i should take him with i/h/e and maybe a short shifter?? thanks again guys!!

A Lude is considerably faster than a GT.

I have beaten Ludes, that doesnt change thet fact that they are faster. You friend obviously cannot drive too great, considering from two rolls, the outcomes were completely different.

But with i/h/e and if he drives better, you would only be equal and most likely pulling away after 100.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
CEL gt?... check engine light? .. buahahahahhahaha

·
Registered
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
A Lude is considerably faster than a GT.

I have beaten Ludes, that doesnt change thet fact that they are faster. You friend obviously cannot drive too great, considering from two rolls, the outcomes were completely different.

But with i/h/e and if he drives better, you would only be equal and most likely pulling away after 100.
The lude has the edge against a GTS all the way, and anything after 100mph and you will be seeing the ludes tailights grow farther and farther away.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
The lude has the edge against a GTS all the way, and anything after 100mph and you will be seeing the ludes tailights grow farther and farther away.
the GTS will walk away from the prelude uptop.

Doesnt matter. I have realized if it isnt 14.0 or faster. It isnt fast.

I cant wait for my 295 RWD V6 in 05 :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
the GTS will walk away from the prelude uptop.

Doesnt matter. I have realized if it isnt 14.0 or faster. It isnt fast.

I cant wait for my 295 RWD V6 in 05 :)
Uh, nope. The lude puts out a good bit more HP and good bit more TQ to boot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here are some interesting numbers from a test done from Car and Driver.

0-60mph 0-100mph 0-120mph

Eclipse GT 6.7 sec 18.8 sec 30.7 sec

Honda Prelude 6.8 sec 19.2 sec 33.8 sec

Toyota GT-S 7.2 sec 19.6 sec 35.7 sec

The Eclipse has major ownage of the Celica GT-S at 120mph, a 5 second lead. Now just imagine standing on the side of the road and having a vehicle to pass by you at 120mph, you count five seconds from the time he passed by you and you will see just what a spanking that is.

As you can see HP and Good TQ plays a critical part in a high speed run. The Eclipse and the Lude puts out about the same HP but the Eclipse owns it in TQ, had the lude put out more TQ the 2 would have been much closer to each other. The Celica puts out the least HP and TQ thus is the slowest in this test group, however it would out handle the other 2 any day in the twisties.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Uh, nope. The lude puts out a good bit more HP and good bit more TQ to boot.
Its been done on videos, in real life, everywhere. The lude has the same amount of power as the RSX-S and weighs more. The RSX-S IS acknowledged by most every RSX Owner as the exact equal to a GTS.

The Lude weighing more, the GTS will walk it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Its been done on videos, in real life, everywhere. The lude has the same amount of power as the RSX-S and weighs more. The RSX-S IS acknowledged by most every RSX Owner as the exact equal to a GTS.

The Lude weighing more, the GTS will walk it.
Dont ignore the post from car and driver, and btw I have seen plenty of vidoes of ludes walking a GTS up top as well. Both the RSX and the LUDE are faster than the GTS, the lude might weigh more but it makes decent TQ for a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Dont ignore the post from car and driver, and btw I have seen plenty of vidoes of ludes walking a GTS up top as well. Both the RSX and the LUDE are faster than the GTS, the lude might weigh more but it makes decent TQ for a 4 cyl.

The RSX-S in straightline speed is equal to the GTS. No argument there because the topic has been beaten to death.

Also, I ignored that magtime because thats what it is. A Mag time.

I would believe you, as a dialy owner of an eclipse over any mag driver whom would drive it a week or so.

·
Registered
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
The RSX-S in straightline speed is equal to the GTS. No argument there because the topic has been beaten to death.

Also, I ignored that magtime because thats what it is. A Mag time.

I would believe you, as a dialy owner of an eclipse over any mag driver whom would drive it a week or so.
There times are just as legitimate as anyone elses, and if at any point the Celica was faster than the Prelude up top it would have had plenty of time pull it off, i mean man they did take it up all the way to 120mph.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've raced 2 ludes with my GT-S. One was stock. I beat it easily. The second one I raced was at the track. He had intake, exhaust, carbon trunk and hood. We ran twice.. both times he got a 9.6xx, both runs I got 9.3xx. My car is stock except for unbolted exhaust.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
the more and more you post, the more and more this forum goes to ****.. do some searches b4 talking sh*t

·
Registered
6 Posts
My coworker has a 2001 lude and i have a 2002 gts ( 2001 ecu ). I never lost from a stop or a roll and we raced about 10 times.
The lude isn't faster, it's a driver's race.

·
Registered
154 Posts
vip09 said:
I've raced 2 ludes with my GT-S. One was stock. I beat it easily. The second one I raced was at the track. He had intake, exhaust, carbon trunk and hood. We ran twice.. both times he got a 9.6xx, both runs I got 9.3xx. My car is stock except for unbolted exhaust.
Congrats, you beat the driver not the car. The lude is faster period.

·
Registered
154 Posts
TRDGTS026spd said:
the more and more you post, the more and more this forum goes to ****.. do some searches b4 talking sh*t
Look at my prev post numbnuts, from the looks of it I am the only one on this entire forum that does any research :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Look at my prev post numbnuts, from the looks of it I am the only one on this entire forum that does any research :rolleyes:
Interesting that someone else shares my opinion, and you respond similarly, isn't it?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Congrats, you beat the driver not the car. The lude is faster period.
Drivers race. Period.:gap:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.