NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I really stuck on this problem. I searched everything I could find on this code which is....P0171: System Too Lean (Bank 1)
- Air induction system
- Injector blockage
- Mass air flow meter
- Engine coolant temp. sensor
- Fuel pressure
- Gas leakage on exhaust system
- Open or short in heated oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor) circuit
- Heated oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor 1)

I aready replaced the MAF sensor , O2 sensor, checked for vaccum leaks, i've checked everything and I'm still throwing this damm code. I even pulled out my CAI and put the stock air box back in and still got the code! I have no idea what to do now. I can not get my car smoged until I figure out what going on. Thanks for any help .

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
Clean the injectors? Engine temp sensor?
Your profile says toyota celica gt w/ 2zz 5speed supercharged? You aren't still running the stock GT-S ECU? Can't tune around it? Maybe you're sucking more air than the MAFS can read w/the supercharger?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my machanic checked it and said it was good, plus if there was any problem with the pump or injectors the car the car would't run that good at idle or at wot right?Other then the cel the car runs great, it does not bog and idles great. The engine was put in like 2 months ago( put a 2zz in my GT) so yes the header was off, but all gaskets were replaced and was checked for exhaust leaks.(header is stock)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
injectors were cleaned and my machanic checked the ETS and said it was fine. I'm running the stock ecu right now but I have not installed the supercharger yet b/c I wanted to smog first the intall the superchager.

·
Registered
562 Posts
When you reset the CEL how long does it take to come back on? Usually it takes 3 drive cycles or first time it goes into closed loop.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
1zzfe-man said:
Vacuum leak
My guess, too...

butterfly valve hooked up on stock box?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes the butterfly valve is hooked up and 3 diffrent people have checked for any vaccum leaks, I got in there with thottle body cleaner spraying all the vaccum lines looking for leaks and could not find anything. The cel comes back on about every 40-50 miles.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Has it been hooked to a scanner and the data read? Sometimes to find a vacuum leak you need to disable the iac motor and I usually hook a vacuum gauge to it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the stock 2zz ecm and injectors that came with the engine. I bought the engine complete from the pickn pull

·
Registered
562 Posts
Goto to the TSB: Check Engine Light and check the parts numbers. It is for a 0300 code but I dont see why a 0171 wouldn't apply.OR

When the injectors were cleaned were they removed and tested for flow or volume?OR

Have a scan tool hooked up and read live data to find problem.

Info on this problem

www.autoshop101.com/forms/h48.pdf

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks 1zzfe-man I really appercate all your info, I'll try pugging my freinds toyota scanner in to data log. My tranny blew yesterday when they were test driving my car so I got some time to test somemore things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts