NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have hesitation problems with my Celica 2zz for 3-4 months now when I start a cold engine on a hot day.
I try to drive but engine hesitates till about 3k rpm, after that its fine, but when engine gets a little temperature lets say 1-3 minutes problem is almost not noticeable, but still when its on working temperature car doesn't pull very well from 1k-3k rpm, and its jerking till 3k rpm or more.

no check engine light, no strange sounds,it doesn't feel like its misfireing or working on 3 cyl, it runs great on idle , it drives me nuts, i tried to replace many parts for this problem

vvti solenoid, checked filters (all clean), replaced chain and tensioner, chain slippers,all gaskets, air filter, maf sensor, cleaned throttle body and iac valve, new spark plugs, checked coils no cracks,
changed fuel pump and fuel filter,
checked intake manifold for vacuum leaks with carburator cleaner.
mesured compresion, its in spec

on high rpm car pulls great, and doesn't burn any oil
it has 249 000km and its been very well maintained, oil change every 7000km, and never floored cold.

what else can it be? did anyone had this problem?

Please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't tell by the wording if you bought a new maf or just cleaned the current one. If you haven't I would start by purchasing a new maf if possible. I had the same issue last year (actually made a post about it) and after cleaning everything, I ended up having a shop take a look at it. They said the main issue was the maf. They also replaced the throttle position sensor saying they noticed that helped as well. Car runs nice now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swaped out maf from my sisters 1zz celica that runs fine, I’ve cleaned it with maf cleaner and drove my car for few days, but car ran same as before with that issue, I also checked tps with multimeter and it seems to be okay, do you have any other suggestions? Thank you for reply

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
Make sure that the EVAP electrical connector isn't mixed up with the Blue ASIC (butterfly intake flap) connector.

The Black connector goes to the EVAP VSV. [Ignore the red arrow]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts