NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys I have an 01 gt and I need help deciding what to purchase for coil overs. I have about $1000 to spend and not sure which brand to get? I heard BCs were very good but those are my whole budget. There is also Megan racing ez coil overs and cxracing coilovers that go for around $700? Should I go with the BCs? I am running 18inch rims and want no wheel gap. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link.my bud mentioned buying aftermarket shocks and then some lowering springs about 2.5 drop for a cheaper way? Not sure if that would be a good idea

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Yes, BCs will get rid of your gap. That doesn't guarantee you won't rub, however. That's about your wheel offsets, tires, and fenders (liners, rolled or not, etc.).

If you go BCs, make sure they're pre-loaded properly and all nuts are to torque spec! http://www.bcracing-na.com/tech-help/

·
Registered
923 Posts
+1 for BCs. I've had two sets of BCs, the regular kit on my Celica and the extreme drop kit on my DC5. Would buy their product again any day.

If you really want to ball out and have an extra $300 you can get them pre-made with Swift springs. That's what I did for my RSX and it was by far the best setup I've ever had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have already rolled my fenders and put my 18s back on. cant wait to drop it :cool: If anyone could send me any links to a picture of a celica with 18s slammed on coils? cant seem to find a pic thanks guys

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
if you don't want to spend all your budget, k sports are also a good option, i would rather spend the extra 300 on bc's that's just me ( and im biased as i have bc's
This.

I have K sports on my car. I've had them on like 3 years now and ridden them hard and they're holding up good. I'm sure BC's will have a better ride quality but I have no complaints. You can say I'm biased too I guess :shrugs: Oh and K Sports go low... low low.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts