NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Celica Coolant Bleeding Procedure

This is the method I have found to work best for bleeding the coolant at home in the driveway. There are better ways (vacuum system) if you have a fully equipped automotive shop. This is merely my opinion, not an official or approved repair, and I take no responsibility for the health and wellbeing of anyone who uses it or their vehicles.

Important Note: The engine and hoses will get hot so be sure to wear gloves and keep your hands clear of the belts and fans.

EDIT: Due to VBulletin changes the original procedure was lost. Post #67 on page 2 contains the bleeding procedure.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh - if anyone else has some other techniques that have worked exceptionally well for them feel free to chime in! The more info in one thread the better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
are you sure they are premixed??? It said on the container that you have to mix with water at least 50/50 and maximum of 65/35 of coolant to water.... just checking!!!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTSunami said:
are you sure they are premixed??? It said on the container that you have to mix with water at least 50/50 and maximum of 65/35 of coolant to water.... just checking!!!
There are two types of Toyota Coolant, LLC and SLLC. The LLC is the deep red stuff which is NOT premix. The light pink stuff is the SLLC and I have only seen it premixed but I don't know for sure that it doesn't come unmixed - it might come both ways.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This should get a sticky! Because many people ask this question. Even I did a long time ago when I changed out my throttle body. With that new throttle body coming out many people are going to ask this question!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
earlleeah said:
is there any place online i can order the toyota SLLC Coolant? oh yeah and how much do i need?
Only from Toyota and 2 Gallons is plenty

·
Registered
906 Posts
Isn't this the same type of instruction underneath the factory hood. Where it tells you what you need to do when you do a coolant flush???

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I just filled my collant last night from having the engine completely out. I had the front end up on jackstands to do the work. I filled the coolant with the front end still up and it made a huge difference. I was able to get everything to drain in and bleed with no fuss.

·
Registered
266 Posts
^^ I guess thats right...get a bucket since your car will be so elevated.

Step 7..which ones are the heater hoses? newbie

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes a little will spill - sorry if thats a problem for ya :)

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Can the air bubbles in the system explain the following symptom in my car? After a couple miles of driving the temperature gauge shoots to the H level and starts flashing, I go under the hood and check all hoses they all are normal temperature, the fan works normal and the engine isn't hot. I shut it off and restart and the gauge goes to the normal position. At other times it does the same again and then a few seconds later the gauge goes back to normal. My thermostat is brand new so I don't think it's at fault. If not air, could it otherwise be a faulty temperature sensor?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GSBoek said:
Can the air bubbles in the system explain the following symptom in my car? After a couple miles of driving the temperature gauge shoots to the H level and starts flashing, I go under the hood and check all hoses they all are normal temperature, the fan works normal and the engine isn't hot. I shut it off and restart and the gauge goes to the normal position. At other times it does the same again and then a few seconds later the gauge goes back to normal. My thermostat is brand new so I don't think it's at fault. If not air, could it otherwise be a faulty temperature sensor?
sounds more like a short or loose connection in the wiring

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.